Sign in with
Your question

ChainTech twinBIOS motherboards...

Last response: in Motherboards
October 24, 2010 11:18:45 PM

Need advice to pick the right one. Will require it to handle AMD brand of processor, graphics card, etc. (Intel & NVIDIA are on my blacklist). Would hope it to have PCI-E and USB 2.0 also; internal sensor circuit for monitoring temperature would be appreciated too. Can anyone advise specific model numbers I should research?
a c 435 V Motherboard
October 25, 2010 3:05:24 AM

Gigabyte still makes some boards with a dual bios. It's a great feature compared to the newer boards with the bios chip soldered on. Those are toast when the flash fails.
Related resources
December 3, 2010 9:54:21 PM

treefrog07 said:
Did you know Chaintech quit making motherboards four or five years ago? You can view the company's history here. I loved my C9JCS.

I found out about this last week, and been sulking awhile. It appears from google search that 'TwinBIOS' tech ended with Chaintech, so now Gigabyte's Dual BIOS is the only real option.
a c 78 V Motherboard
December 4, 2010 2:16:32 AM

I thought they were an up and coming motherboard manufacturer. Then I found DFI - yeah they're out of the enthusiast market now, too (this past June). I think I'll start liking Asrock or Gigabyte next............
!