Sapphire Flex Edition OC! How Far Should I Push it?

RiskYourBuild

Honorable
Dec 23, 2012
Hey, I'm getting a new PC soon I ordered it with a 7950.. it's a Sapphire Flex Edition 7950. What OC will be fine with it? Want nice temps also, so.. if you have it or know how far I can push it, just say!

RiskYourBuild

Honorable
Dec 23, 2012

Thank you for the reply, sir.
When I was at the store I saw it was a Sapphire, didn't know about Vapor-X, so I went for the Flex, Flex is mainly higher memory clocks, but the Vapor-X is better cooling and OCing.
If you do a quick Google search you can see it, it has 2 heatsinks that are big and it isn't bad, I guess max OC is 1025Mhz but I guess there are other ways around to get it higher!
How much of a difference is there between a Vapor-X and a Flex? Both have 2 heatsinks and are large, Vapor-X is abit higher clock but the Flex has higher memory, is't much of a difference when OCing?

We can't really know that, sometimes the Flex can go above in overclock over the Vapor-X and sometimes is the opposite.

Just start to overclock your GPU in little steps, don't use the clocks of other person since your GPU is totally different even if it's the same model. Keep your eyes on temps and test for stability.

RiskYourBuild

Honorable
Dec 23, 2012

Thanks, I hope I will get 1025+Mhz.. weird how same models of cards get different temps..
But thanks!

TRENDING THREADS