Fujitsu Lifebook Series C LCD Replacement

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
a b D Laptop
August 25, 2004 7:08:33 AM

Hello,

I was hoping someone out there could help me out. I broke the LCD
that was in my Fujitsu Lifebook series C laptop and I've been trying
to find a replacement LCD. Fujitsu themselfs wants $750 dollars for
the thing and for that much money, I might as well buy a new one. The
lcd is a hitachi TX38D91VC1FAF. Has anyone out there ever seen one of
these? its a 15" I haven't been able to find the thing, and I'd even
settle for a comparable model and make by another mfg, just as long
as it works. If anyone out there can help me out, thanks in advance.

==============
a b D Laptop
August 26, 2004 4:02:38 AM

cov1929 <cov1929@sbcglobal-dot-net.no-spam.invalid> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I was hoping someone out there could help me out. I broke the LCD
> that was in my Fujitsu Lifebook series C laptop and I've been trying
> to find a replacement LCD. Fujitsu themselfs wants $750 dollars for
> the thing and for that much money, I might as well buy a new one. The
> lcd is a hitachi TX38D91VC1FAF. Has anyone out there ever seen one of
> these? its a 15" I haven't been able to find the thing, and I'd even
> settle for a comparable model and make by another mfg, just as long
> as it works. If anyone out there can help me out, thanks in advance.

The screen is a big fraction of the cost of a laptop, even when they
are buying tens of thousands at a time.
If you'r just looking for one, expect the price to be high.
!