Huge Performance Issues

hopkiller

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2008
So over the past few months my computer performance has been steadily decreasing and a good rate. Lately it is getting unbearable and no longer can be ignored. I was hoping someone could help figure out the issue.

Ok first of all my first issue is slow loading times of games and other applications, which had me worried. Then I started to notice lower FPS in games that I use to get really high and steady frame rates in. In games such as World of Warcraft I use to get around 60 FPS max setting in raids, now the my FPS is jumping around and struggling to stay around 20 FPS with the setting turned down. Playing games such as Borderlands I do not know my exact FPS but I am having slow and choppy rendering. Lastly In my Half Life 2 mods such as garrysmod my FPS is horrible around 20 FPS.

I know I am running at max settings, but with my build I shouldn't be having any of these issues, please help

Temps across the boards are fine my GPU is right in the safe zone and my CPU never gets above 51C.

Specs:
Intel Core 2 Duo E8400
Asus P5Q Pro P45
4 GB ddr2 800 G.Skill
Western Digital Caviar Black 640GB Boot Drive
Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 320GB
Sapphire HD 5850 - Default clocks
Windows Vista Ultimate 64bit
CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W ATX12V / EPS12V

hopkiller

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2008
Update: Just checked my CPU usage after my computer loaded up to see if that was the issue. Huge problem here it is running at 60-80% with only Mozilla open.

One tab, nad only the basic start up page, and my memory is around 44% usage.