Question about hdmi

marianoper

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2010
Hi, (at first: sorry my poor english), my question is very simple; with an hdmi card (i.e. Ati Radeon HD5750) can I put a tv (through an hdmi cable) as the primary display (without a monitor) and use it without any problems? Especifically I want to know if I'm going to see the bios post at the screen and everything else. Thank you very much for your answer (if there's one at least). Good bye!

Solution
HDTV is Primary Dislay? HDTV can function as primary display without major issues. If your HDTV is 1080P then set your desktop resolution to 1080P.

Desktop Scaling : Some HDTV do need some minor adjustments such as scaling. Its normal for some TV to require scaling adjustment to fit the desktop to the screen.

leon2006

Distinguished
HDTV is Primary Dislay? HDTV can function as primary display without major issues. If your HDTV is 1080P then set your desktop resolution to 1080P.

Desktop Scaling : Some HDTV do need some minor adjustments such as scaling. Its normal for some TV to require scaling adjustment to fit the desktop to the screen.

Solution

marianoper

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2010
Guys, thank you very much for your answers! I'm going to build the system without a monitor so, using my tv as the primary display. Thanks and sorry again for my bad english. Bye!