Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3 processor support

Last response: in CPUs
Share
May 11, 2010 7:44:11 PM

Hello,
I have E4300 and want to upgrade to Q9400, the support cpu list indicates that it is F14 Non official support - is it an option or should I get E8400. My reason is Bad Company 2
Thanks,
Lukas
a c 680 à CPUs
May 12, 2010 2:47:58 AM

luke54 said:
Hello,
I have E4300 and want to upgrade to Q9400, the support cpu list indicates that it is F14 Non official support - is it an option or should I get E8400. My reason is Bad Company 2
Thanks,
Lukas


For the price of that Q9400 you could probably pick up an AM2+ motherboard and a Ph II x3 or maybe even an x4. What graphics card are you using btw?
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
May 12, 2010 3:53:18 AM

Well, it doesn't support any newer 45nm CPUs, just the older 65nm versions, and thus won't support the E8400 either. The fastest processor that it supports is the Core 2 Extreme QX6800, but those are ridiculously overpriced and thus the most reasonable options would be to go with the Core 2 Duo E6600 or Core 2 Quad Q6600, and overclock those two.
m
0
l
Related resources
a b à CPUs
May 12, 2010 4:34:41 AM

Lmeow said:
Well, it doesn't support any newer 45nm CPUs, just the older 65nm versions, and thus won't support the E8400 either. The fastest processor that it supports is the Core 2 Extreme QX6800, but those are ridiculously overpriced and thus the most reasonable options would be to go with the Core 2 Duo E6600 or Core 2 Quad Q6600, and overclock those two.


It will run ALL core2's except the 1600FSB ones.
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
May 12, 2010 6:05:58 AM

Are you sure? On GIGABYTE's CPU support list for that board, it says 'N/A' meaning no support for Pentium E5000/6000, Core 2 Duo E7000/E8000 and Core 2 Quad Q8000/9000, as well as a few Pentium Extreme Editions and Core 2 Quad QX6850. Or do they actually work without GIGABYTE knowing?
m
0
l
May 16, 2010 11:30:05 PM

Better off getting an x4 630 and cheap mobo I had the same problem I went to microcenter grabbed the 630 and mobo $107 out the door was able to reuse my ram too.
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
May 17, 2010 12:46:16 AM

Lmeow said:
Are you sure? On GIGABYTE's CPU support list for that board, it says 'N/A' meaning no support for Pentium E5000/6000, Core 2 Duo E7000/E8000 and Core 2 Quad Q8000/9000, as well as a few Pentium Extreme Editions and Core 2 Quad QX6850. Or do they actually work without GIGABYTE knowing?


Yes I am sure. I had the same board. You must be looking at the wrong board on giga's site. http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Support/Motherboard/CPUSuppo....

I am assuming he has the 3.3 rev of the board since he asked about the f14 non official support. If he has that board it will run all cores except the 1600FSB ones.
m
0
l
a c 680 à CPUs
May 21, 2010 7:52:48 AM

ericpol said:
Better off getting an x4 630 and cheap mobo I had the same problem I went to microcenter grabbed the 630 and mobo $107 out the door was able to reuse my ram too.



Yea that is a pretty good deal. Much more bang for your buck over buying a S775 cpu, that's for sure.
m
0
l
!