I have a Lenovo Y410 and have a question

davidokeeffe90

Honorable
Mar 20, 2012
Hello,
I have two hard disk drives and the local disk drive(C) is full and have tons of space in the Lenovo Drive (D) I cant figure out how to make everything to go to the D drive

farrengottu

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2011
it wont by default. you can change a bunch of settings in individual programs telling them to save stuff there. you can do an expanded volume partition. it essentially makes your computer believe that your two hard drives are one. but ive never messed with that. and i know it will be much harder with files already on it.

have you tried the disk clean up utility. its not uncommon to clear up 20GB by running it. to find it quickly just open your start menu and in the search box type "disk". it will be in the results.

you dont know how to move files between the drives? simply select the files right click cut and copy them onto the D drive.
keep in mind your main drive (c) is where the programs are being installed to
i would suggest moving your downloads, movies, etc to the D drive to free up space
also you can right click on the drive, properties and run disk clean up utility to free up some space

magic_26

Honorable
Jun 29, 2012
Hello,

I have the same issue. I moved most of the files to Drive D, but the drive C is still full. I can not think what else I do anymore. Did you get it fix? Please advise how you did it and thanks.