Noctua F vs P vs S

Aug 13, 2012
Which one would be best for case fans, specifically the Define R4 since I am considering getting the Define R4. I want noise to a minimum (obviously) as well as high/descent air flow. I will be removing the top HDD cage if that matters. If I missed anything let me know.

Solution
I have all three , the P 12 and the F 12 move the most air , they are silent , the logiysis sf 120 is another good fan , silent as well .

jerry6

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2009
I use both as intake and or exhaust on different computers , not sure which moves more air , they both move plenty of air . I run the p at max rpm on my work comp and the f with PWM header on my media computer , it never gets stressed and silence is the most important factor ., not that the P is loud , even at full speed .

Aug 13, 2012
After reading the Overclock.net Noctua Fan Club posts, the F12 seems like a solid choice for intakes because of filters, hdd cages, etc. So I think I'll get 2 F12s for the intake. I also read that the S12s are REALLY good for just moving air around, how quiet are these, and would you recommend them for exhaust? Sorry if this seems a bit repetitive.