Sign in with
Your question

My computer does not recognize me as the administrator how do i fix on my window

Last response: in Windows XP
November 4, 2012 7:20:25 PM

I have a 2005 HP Pavilion a1530n (Windows XP), and recently it does not recognize me as the administrator even though I have logged out and back in successfully using HP Administrator account. Now I can't download or get HP Updates. My Big Fish Game Manager is full of "script errors" and can't be accessed. A few files are "faded" such as "Config.Msi", "Python22", "HP", etc. My Kaspersky says I'm virus free. What can I do?
a b α HP
November 6, 2012 8:09:14 PM

clmoreno said:
I have a 2005 HP Pavilion a1530n (Windows XP), and recently it does not recognize me as the administrator even though I have logged out and back in successfully using HP Administrator account. Now I can't download or get HP Updates. My Big Fish Game Manager is full of "script errors" and can't be accessed. A few files are "faded" such as "Config.Msi", "Python22", "HP", etc. My Kaspersky says I'm virus free. What can I do?

1. - Do not rely on a single AV Vendor's scan and assume you are virus free just because it says you have no problems. Try running some other Malware Scanners, like Malwarebytes, eg.

2. - Are you referring to Windows Administrator Account when you say HP Administrator account ?

3. - Use safe mode and default admin account to fix your user account.
m
l
November 10, 2012 6:23:25 PM

I have the same exact problem. I also tried to use the safe mode and default admin account. I didn't work for me. If I try to change any settings, it get told that I need to be the admin to change anything. I don't have any system restore points, either.
m
l
Related resources
a b α HP
November 11, 2012 9:27:30 AM

queenbee said:
I have the same exact problem. I also tried to use the safe mode and default admin account. I didn't work for me. If I try to change any settings, it get told that I need to be the admin to change anything. I don't have any system restore points, either.

Welcome to the forum. - Please start your own post, and don't piggy back onto someone else's, as it makes clarification of responses difficult !
m
l
November 13, 2012 1:01:53 PM

queenbee said:

I tried ksiemb's suggestion (thank you ksiemb for taking your time to help me) but it didn't work for me either. My Internet Explorer defaulted to Version 6 from Version 8 and it won't allow upgrades. So now all my game managers that run with IE don't work (i.e. Big Fish, HP, etc).

I now have Malwarebytes thank you again kseimb for that info., but my problems haven't change. I have no system restore either.

I have applied a password to my HP Admin and have tried logging off and back on as HP Admin. No help.
m
l
a b α HP
November 14, 2012 2:11:55 PM

Sounds like you need some help locally with someone who knows computers, I.E. would not just revert from 8 to 6 without you doing something, like uninstalling I.E. 8. You probably need to re-install Windows.
m
l
November 15, 2012 10:44:23 AM

hang-the-9 said:
Sounds like you need some help locally with someone who knows computers, I.E. would not just revert from 8 to 6 without you doing something, like uninstalling I.E. 8. You probably need to re-install Windows.

I agree. Thank you for taking the time to respond to my problem. I wish all a great holiday season this year!
m
l
November 18, 2012 3:07:36 AM

clmoreno said:
go to users accounts make a click new admin acc. ;) 
m
l
November 25, 2012 11:21:03 AM

clmoreno said:

I finally managed to get my IE6 to IE8 and now my game managers are in working order. When I click on IE8 the window opens and freezes prior to any internet connection so I don't use it, instead I use my Chrome browser which I love. My computer recognizes me as HP_Admin now but I still have the faded files listed above. While it would be nice for my old faithful to work properly I am just thrilled to have my games back and operating so I don't want to make anymore chgs for fear of loosing them again.

Thank you all for your great suggestions. Happy travels.
m
l
a b α HP
November 27, 2012 1:49:26 PM

The faded files are probably hidden or system files and you turned on the option to view them. Your computer will recognize you as whatever account you log on to it as, it's not like it sees you when you sit at the desk and says "oh, hi there HP Admin!". You need to either pick the account you use manually or use whatever auto logon was setup.
m
l
!