MadPluc

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2009
Hello everyone,

I've been having some strange problem recently with my power supply.
I currently have the same hardware for a long time but say, two weeks ago, when I booted my PC, the power supply was beeping at me and I didn't know what to do. So, I made sure that everything was perfectly plugged in (the same way it always was !) and yes, no changes were made so I was wondering what could have suddently made it do that. Also, there's a red flashing light at the back of it (near the power switch) which started flashing as the beep goes on so I pushed the button and it stopped. Now the problem is everytime I reboot, same thing happens.

Also, I think that it is related to my blue screens, which happens unfrequently (some days 5-6 times, some days none !) all I had time to see about it is error code 0x000000F4.
Can anyone help me ?

Here's my rig :

GIGABYTE EX58-UD5 - Intel i7-920 with low overclock (2.8gHz) - Patriot 1600mHz 3 x 2GB - Saphire HD4890 (no overclock) - ENERMAX Galaxy 1000w

Notice that I already had the overclock before problem started.
I don't know if you need to know more.

Thank you very much.

Solution
Hi Madpluc,I think your enermax beeping is because one or both of your fans in the powersupply have dropped below a certain rpm and pressing the buttun simply shuts off the buzzer,i also have the same power supply and that was my problem.there is a monitor circiut in the power supply that monitors the speed of the 2 fans,if one or both fans stop or slow down,you will get this beeping.you need to change the fans.hope this helps.

v1zzle

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2009
You should consider buying a power supply tester, to see if all works well. Your power supply might not be top shape. also check if by any chance in the manual of your power supply if they display any warning signs regarding different colour errors. Furthermore, if your motherboard does any beeps upon boot up, i.e 2 beeps, or 3 beeps, your motherboard's manual will have corresponding error codes to all beeps.

techguy_48

Distinguished
May 11, 2010
Hi Madpluc,I think your enermax beeping is because one or both of your fans in the powersupply have dropped below a certain rpm and pressing the buttun simply shuts off the buzzer,i also have the same power supply and that was my problem.there is a monitor circiut in the power supply that monitors the speed of the 2 fans,if one or both fans stop or slow down,you will get this beeping.you need to change the fans.hope this helps.

Solution

Menegroth1

Honorable
Sep 26, 2012
I am also VERY interested in this solution and i would like to know more about the ease with which it was solved. A friend is a selling the a Enermax Galaxy 850w with the beeping sounds. I want to know if its worth buying for about 60euros.

TRENDING THREADS