Canon Powershot S1 IS - CF card reader pin is broken

Last response: in Digital Camera
November 28, 2004 11:15:11 PM

Hi,
a pin from the CF card reader on my Canon Powershot S1 IS broke off. No
idea how that happened. Now the camera cannot read CF cards anymore.

Does anyone know if that can be repaired?

Any info would be appreciated,
thanks
Bernd

--
bstransky
November 28, 2004 11:36:55 PM

bstransky wrote:

> Hi,
> a pin from the CF card reader on my Canon Powershot S1 IS broke off. No
> idea how that happened. Now the camera cannot read CF cards anymore.
>
> Does anyone know if that can be repaired?
>
> Any info would be appreciated,
> thanks
> Bernd

I suppose anything *can* be repaired, depending on what the victim is
prepared to pay. Maybe the Canon help desk can assist in a more
specific answer.

Additionally, as far as how the pin was broken, I've seen this issue on
non-camera devices. A memory card floating free in a pocket/purse can
pick up all sorts of debris, and if something jams inside a connectoid
hole, and the card is subsequently forced into it's slot hard enough,
breaking a pin wouldn't surprise me at all. Mind you, I have no idea if
this scenario applies to your use/storage of memory cards, but I've seen
pocket lint/sand grains/paper clips jammed into places they should never be.

--
jer email reply - I am not a 'ten'
Anonymous

"Jer" <gdunn@airmail.ten> wrote in message
> bstransky wrote:
[...]...paper clips jammed into places they should never be.

Me to - it's amazing what photo's you can find on the internet.

*cough*

November 29, 2004 11:08:13 AM

Harvey wrote:

> "Jer" <gdunn@airmail.ten> wrote in message
>
>>bstransky wrote:
>
> [...]...paper clips jammed into places they should never be.
>

> Me to - it's amazing what photo's you can find on the internet.
>
> *cough*

Apparently so...
http://www.well.com/user/cynsa/newbutt.html
!