Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

BFG GTS 250 SLI OR BGF GTX 280 OCX

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
February 21, 2010 2:22:37 PM

Was wondering if i should go BFG gts 250 sli or BFG gtx 280 OCX single card
February 25, 2010 2:52:44 PM

I have the BFG GTX 280 OC edition and dude I can play any game on Max settings with great frame rate. But there are other ATI cards that perform better right now and also the Nvidia GF100 Fermi is coming out in March 26th. If I were you I would wait and see how well the Fermi performs then make a decision.
a c 235 U Graphics card
February 25, 2010 10:10:33 PM

mayu said:
I have the BFG GTX 280 OC edition and dude I can play any game on Max settings with great frame rate. But there are other ATI cards that perform better right now and also the Nvidia GF100 Fermi is coming out in March 26th. If I were you I would wait and see how well the Fermi performs then make a decision.


+1

Related resources
a c 189 U Graphics card
February 26, 2010 2:41:33 AM

I will choose a single card, so BFG gtx 280 OCX is my answer... :) 
make sure your PSU can handle that...
a b U Graphics card
February 26, 2010 8:39:59 AM

Hrm, why would you buy a GTX 280? I have two :o D hah!! But anyway thats beside the point! the 280 is discontinued and replaced by the 285. a GTX 275 is as good as the 280....
a c 130 U Graphics card
February 26, 2010 8:59:46 AM

BIG A said:
Was wondering if i should go BFG gts 250 sli or BFG gtx 280 OCX single card


HD5770 crossfore or HD5850. Either one for $300 will KILL the GTX280/275.
a c 235 U Graphics card
February 26, 2010 1:55:59 PM

shadow187 said:
HD5770 crossfore or HD5850. Either one for $300 will KILL the GTX280/275.



since he was looking at SLI, I assume his board is an SLI board not a CF one......so the total cost would not be $300 then would it?

February 26, 2010 3:24:08 PM

Is this replacing an existing config or for a new build? If possible wait for fermi and see how the market responds.

If for a new build and you cannot wait , drop in a 260-c216 then go sli down the road. If it is only between the 250sli and 280 I would go with the 280.
!