Sign in with
Your question

How can I get the mouse to not function on certain buttons on the screen

Last response: in Windows XP
November 5, 2012 5:04:56 AM

I have a problem ... there are two boxes to select on a particular screen and I want only the one to be selected. That way the customer can't select the wrong one with the mouse... can this be done and is there a freeware program perhaps that can do this ????
a b 8 Security
November 5, 2012 6:23:00 PM

You would need to modify the program code to disable the other button.
m
l
November 5, 2012 11:14:44 PM

Can't as it's networked based .... I was thinking of a popup at that location on the screen to inhibit them from getting punchy ..... It's a more redirection if anything !!!!
m
l
Related resources
a b 8 Security
November 6, 2012 7:05:45 PM

Network based has nothing to do with it; you mean you have no control over the app, right?
m
l
November 11, 2012 12:13:10 AM

Right .... there are two windows in this application lets say one does one thing the other does another ... I need to direct the person using this app to go to the paticular window or button I want them to clic on ... It's an app for work and the operators using this select the wrong one periodically and create a domino effect down the road.
So I need to them not to use that particular area or covering it with some kind of popup !!!
m
l
a b 8 Security
November 12, 2012 7:41:20 PM

You cannot do it the way you want to; you must either modify the app or replace it.
m
l
November 25, 2012 1:53:14 AM

uncledede said:
I have a problem ... there are two boxes to select on a particular screen and I want only the one to be selected. That way the customer can't select the wrong one with the mouse... can this be done and is there a freeware program perhaps that can do this ????

ur IE is mix up so in run type explorer.exe that will fix it..
m
l
!