XP and Norton Internet Security

I upgraded my computer from Windows 98SE to Windows XP Home (with SP2 already
on the CD-ROM when I purchased it). The upgrade went smoothly and my computer
was running smoothly and quickly. Then I installed Norton Internet Security
2004. Now my computer runs much slower.
Can anyone suggest any *somethings* I can do to get my computer running
faster (again)?
Does anyone have an alternative to Norton they can suggest?
Thank you.
Jim
1 answer Last reply
More about norton internet security

    Hi Jim I couldn't get 2004 to run correctly on my XP home with SP2 so I went
    to the kim komando website to see an alternative she would recomend then I
    downloaded AVG virus protection and completely removed Norton from my
    computer..
    http://www.grisoft.com/us/us_dwnl_trial.php
    you can get a trial version at the above website and try it.. make sure you
    remove norton first.. Happy Holidays

    "Jim" wrote:

    > I upgraded my computer from Windows 98SE to Windows XP Home (with SP2 already
    > on the CD-ROM when I purchased it). The upgrade went smoothly and my computer
    > was running smoothly and quickly. Then I installed Norton Internet Security
    > 2004. Now my computer runs much slower.
    > Can anyone suggest any *somethings* I can do to get my computer running
    > faster (again)?
    > Does anyone have an alternative to Norton they can suggest?
    > Thank you.
    > Jim

Configuration Norton Computers Internet Security Windows XP