XP and Norton Internet Security

November 16, 2004 4:43:10 PM

I upgraded my computer from Windows 98SE to Windows XP Home (with SP2 already
on the CD-ROM when I purchased it). The upgrade went smoothly and my computer
was running smoothly and quickly. Then I installed Norton Internet Security
2004. Now my computer runs much slower.
Can anyone suggest any *somethings* I can do to get my computer running
faster (again)?
Does anyone have an alternative to Norton they can suggest?
Thank you.
Jim
Anonymous
December 12, 2004 11:13:02 AM

Hi Jim I couldn't get 2004 to run correctly on my XP home with SP2 so I went
to the kim komando website to see an alternative she would recomend then I
downloaded AVG virus protection and completely removed Norton from my
computer..
http://www.grisoft.com/us/us_dwnl_trial.php
you can get a trial version at the above website and try it.. make sure you
remove norton first.. Happy Holidays

!