Free Antivirus for 32 Bit XP System

sscalcuttawala

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2012
Hi
I was using Avast Free Antivirus for 2 years & then installed Avira till date.
Avira came up with thier 2013 free edition which they prompted to install,which I did unfortunately it came with with daignosis that some software is not compatible with intallation & highlighted Malware Anti Malware as well as some strain of Avast deleted nearly two years back.
I uninstalled Malware & tried to delete remaining strains of avast but its really stubborn software that refuses to die
Now I am without an Antivirus on my system as Avira as well as Avast will not install on my system.
Pl suggest an alternative Good AV .
How do you rate Kingsoft AV & Zone Alarm AV with Firewall ??
PL HELP ASAP
IAM IN DIRE STRAITS
i DON'T WANNA FORMAT MY SYSTEM.

dj07

Honorable
Oct 22, 2012
In my view, you should try a light and fast antivirus which takes limited hard disk space so that the speed of her PC won’t get affected. I think Immunet Plus will be best option because it requires only 10mb of Hard disk space, if you are aware of any other AV program which take less than 10mb space then go for it.

charlesleonard

Honorable
Nov 18, 2012
:hello: Leonard here: Microsoft Security Essentials free for life it will sit in the system tray the way all should do when a cirus trys to get on it will turn down a pop-up will come by clock saying clean computer click on it & it's gone ;)

hamed033

Honorable
Oct 16, 2013
I use Comodo Internet Security and i am happy with it.It doesnt uses a lot of resources, it has a firewall and a high detection rate.It also has a sandbox and pretty strong HIPS. It has a program called kill switch (more information about it here: http://help.comodo.com/topic-119-1-328-3518-.html ) its smilar to task manager.It also has a virtual kiosk (more information about it here: http://help.comodo.com/topic-72-1-451-4738-The--Virtual-Kiosk.html ).It also has a gaming mode.You can also make a rescue disk with it.And i think it is the best free AV. :hello: