Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Eyefinity with C F

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 21, 2010 8:30:22 PM

I built whole new system with the mind set of building to get 3 monitors so I could run some VMware and other such applications with 3 monitor so I could game on a nice Pc and also work on a linux VM. I bought a XFX ATI Radion 5770 thinking I would be able to run eyefinity as well as just run an extended desktop with 3 monitors. Well I FAILED on my research, I cant without an active DP to DVI adapter as many people mentioned before.

Then I was thinking, well guess I gotta by a adapter, 100 bones on average. but a whole other card is about 160 if I find it at a decent price.

So my question is can I currently, or when CCC 10.3 gets released can I CFX another 5770 and then use that card with my third card for the eyefinity setup without an adapter?

More about : eyefinity

February 21, 2010 8:33:04 PM

No you'll always need an adapter because it has to do with hardware rather than software...so a driver update won't "fix it" (because thats how its meant to be)
m
l
February 21, 2010 8:33:56 PM

You can use a Displayport to VGA adapter.
m
l
Related resources
February 21, 2010 8:51:13 PM

Wouldnt a VGA at 1080p be like trying to run a model T at 200mph?
m
l

Best solution

February 24, 2010 2:07:47 PM

Generelspaz - when running crossfire, the output ports on the second card are not available for display - everything is sent out the connectors on the first card. It was a good idea, but it doesnt work that way.

I did use a VGA adapter to run Eyefinity at one point and under Windows 7 it gets detected as an analog monitor. No big deal really....
February 24, 2010 5:34:40 PM

Best answer selected by generelspaz.
m
l
!