blenderbros1

Honorable
Dec 26, 2012
ok i got a gtx 650 from evga 1gb verison i play on lower screen res like 1280 types but make settings on games max out like on skyrim,just cause,or orcs and men,black light,tribes acention i am about to test crysis 2 dx11 upgrade and i have overclocked my gtx 650 yesterday and i made it go up 160 mhz on core and 40mghz memory

and i seem to have no problems on that setting no artifacts or nothing but i need to know is this safe...or could u give me advice i get like 4-5 fps increse i think but i am not shure but any ways can u give me adivice on my gpu overclocking and i use msi after buner........so ya HELP if u please :eek:

You will want to monitor temperatures for a while, your thermal threshhold for that card is 98C but you probably don't really want to see your max much over 65C. Keep your temps from cooking your card and as long as you don't get tearing/artifacting, or other graphics issues you should be okay.
My $0.02

blenderbros1

Honorable
Dec 26, 2012

so how high should i overclock then>>>?>>>?? if i restart and try going the right way should i go up by 10 every time or what

No telling on how high, graphics cards are individual and what works on one may not work on an identical card. You can push it until you either start getting issues or heat becomes a concern, then back it off a bit but take baby steps up there, nothing worse than having your graphics crash on boot.... okay, there may be a few things worse

blenderbros1

Honorable
Dec 26, 2012

i know this might work but i think of takeing th case side of and putting a box fan near my insides i did this before and it decreased my temps even better lol and to redue dust i might put a air fillter bettween it and reduce dust to u think that would help when i oc one more thing i only oc on gaming but when on like regular desktop i put things to default

Placing a box fan next a computer is not an unheard of idea and can be effective. Case upgrade or additional case fans could be an option too if you have heat issues in it. What case do you have there and do you have any interest in possibly changing it or adding fans or...?

blenderbros1

Honorable
Dec 26, 2012

yes when i get the money i will for shure :) but its an ...let me check ..........its an antec and my idel temp is 30c on the gpu and i dont know my cpu let me check agin,.........one sec 51 its allways been that way lol XDDDDDDDDDD but ya thats it basicly but ya