What subdirectories under the Windows directory are absolu..

newbie

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage,microsoft.public.windowsxp (More info?)

I need to trim the garbage out of my Windows directory. Does anyone
have a list of the subdirectories that are required for Windows
operation?

I'm using SP2 now. But the garbage has been building up since XP.

Thanks.

"newbie" <nowhere@here.org> wrote in message
> I need to trim the garbage out of my Windows directory. Does anyone
> have a list of the subdirectories that are required for Windows
> operation?

All of them.

Trim elsewhere.

jeffrey

Distinguished
May 4, 2001
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage,microsoft.public.windowsxp (More info?)

Hi,

about only thing you can really delete from the windows directory are: media
files that have the .wav files for all the windows sounds, andy bitmaps and
jpegs used for background pics, also unneeded fonts, other than that,
nothing else.

newbie wrote:
> I need to trim the garbage out of my Windows directory. Does anyone
> have a list of the subdirectories that are required for Windows
> operation?
>
> I'm using SP2 now. But the garbage has been building up since XP.
>
> Thanks.

Deleting anything from the Windows directory is inviting disaster BIG TIME

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage,microsoft.public.windowsxp (More info?)

Best to go to c:\documents and settings\"your user name"\local steeings\temp
and delete the temp iles there and also delete all the temporary internet
files. When looking in documents and settings, click on tools, options,
view, and make sure you can read hidden files and folders.

TRENDING THREADS