AMD FX-4100 gets slower as i oc more

LukeP123

Honorable
Dec 29, 2012
Hey guys as i overclock my processor, i got a blue screen because there was not enough voltage. so i bumped the voltage to1.4250 from 1.4125 and when i apply it my clock settings speed down to 3.3 ghz instead of 4.5 ghz. I know i posted another thread on this, but i thought if i gave it a better title it would get more views and maybe someone would know the answer. My temps are normal and are staying under 50 degrees Celsius on 4.4 ghz, i have a coolermaster vortex plus, i would have gotten a bigger cooler but i did not have enough space in my case. I know its not my temperature, but it seems kind of strange that the more voltage i put in, the slower by cpu becomes. if this has happened to you and you have a solution or you know what may be the problem, it would be appreciated.

Solution
Sorry, Tom's Hardware isn't notifying me any more of new posts (So may topics I replied to as well).

Acer boards are pretty well know for the Throttling issues with high volts, But I can''t say for sure if that would be a problem for your CPU tho, FX-4100 is only a 95watt TDP and its throttling when its around 100watt TDP, I would try a bios update and see where that goes, ASRock has problem with the 8120/50 on some of their boards, as well as Gigabyte. If it still does it, I wouldn't OC it much, OC it as far as it goes without adding volts and see what it does. But other then that, I do agree with noob2222.

LukeP123

Honorable
Dec 29, 2012

ok i will try that, i have already disabled turbo and cool n quiet, but i will try disabling c1e and spread spectrum

LukeP123

Honorable
Dec 29, 2012

in my bios i dont see C1E support and spread spectrum, only AMD EVP AND AMD-V where do i find C1E and spread spectrum

LukeP123

Honorable
Dec 29, 2012

chipset- 880G
Southbridge- AMD SD850
LPCOI- FINTEK F71869A

PC - ACER ASPIRE M3450

In cpuz i got this from the motherboard section, but i dont know which one is the mono

noob2222

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2007
ok, here is the situation. The cpu is throttling, thats a given. C1E has 2 controls. 1st is temperature, and the second is motherboard power overdraw. The reason its throttling is because the motherboard is trying to protect its Voltage Regulator Module.

With this being an ACer, the motherboard is proprietary. C1E may not be an option to disable. The more voltage you push, the more the motherboard will throttle the cpu to protect the VRM from shorting out.

Sorry, Tom's Hardware isn't notifying me any more of new posts (So may topics I replied to as well).

Acer boards are pretty well know for the Throttling issues with high volts, But I can''t say for sure if that would be a problem for your CPU tho, FX-4100 is only a 95watt TDP and its throttling when its around 100watt TDP, I would try a bios update and see where that goes, ASRock has problem with the 8120/50 on some of their boards, as well as Gigabyte. If it still does it, I wouldn't OC it much, OC it as far as it goes without adding volts and see what it does. But other then that, I do agree with noob2222.

Solution