it didnt give any warning and its gets turn off
turnoff in the sense that the cpu light turns off when working on pc
so please help

feeddagoat

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2010
sounds like a power issue.
What is your computer build?
How long are you usually on before it dies?
What sort of tasks are you doing when it dies?
Are there any unusual noises on boot up, while using or the weeks before this happened?

uvraj

Distinguished
May 12, 2010

hello feeddagoat and thanks.
Actually its dies any time either my pc is idle or i m working on it.
There is no unusual noise on boot up.
IT happens just like that a person is using a computer without uPs and its shut down on power failure. I asked my engineer he said that it can be virus problem but i have reinstalled my OS twice but still the same.
i m using INTEL CORE2DUO 2.66ghz with intel motherboard 945.
1Gb ram.

uvraj

Distinguished
May 12, 2010

heah enzo matrix thanks
the problem is just like any one using a pc without ups and there is power failure. it happens unusually either my pc is idle or im working on it . I use intel core2duo 2.66ghz .and motherboard of intel 945.

feeddagoat

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2010
Could be a temperature problem, the processor is over heating and shutting off. If you can try running real Temp.

http://www.techpowerup.com/realtemp/

If it blue screened or performed a memory dump I would say its a mobo, ram or HDD failure.

It could very well be a virus thats in the bios of the mobo. The only solution is to flash the bios. This can be risky since if something goes wrong it wrecks the mobo so you may need to take it to someone else but we can cross that bridge if we come to it.

For now check your temps and report back. If it isn't temperatures then we can look into other causes.

uvraj

Distinguished
May 12, 2010

heah i have check the temp is min 78 C and max 83 C and thermal status is ok

TRENDING THREADS