Phenom II x6 1055t overheat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Srijan Sharma

Distinguished
May 12, 2010
CPU is at 44c at idle.is this temperature normal.When i put some load it shoots to 55-57 C.

my specs are:-
mobo asus m4at89gdt pro/usb 3 (i updated the bios to the latest).

Graphics Card msi 5770 hawk.

psu 450watt.

ram 2x2gb Kingston.

OS windows xp 32bit (i am getting win7 64bit by next weak)

Also in my MSI Afterburner the core voltage is grayed out.I thought that in hawk edition you could play with voltage.

I reinstalled all drivers twice and updated to latest drivers still it is grayed out.
and whenever i run AMD overdrive it crashes.

i tried to Google it but didn't get proper answer.i did my last build 4 years ago so maybe i am missing something.

my room temperature is 35c at average for reference.

Thanks in advance.

Solution

Considering your temp with the side off and the side on are about the same, it sounds like your air flow is fine so you can keep the side on. You should be able to run prime95 without your system overheating. I can’t think of any game or app the stress the cpu like prime95. It is good to know that your system can go at full load without overheating.

My advice would be to put out a little more money to protect your pricy investment (1055T). You can get a...

Pro Llama

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2009

How are you creating a load? Are you using the stock heat sink? Are you using the stock thermal pad? Have you tried running prime95?

55-57C doesn’t sound too bad if you are close to full load. The idle seems a little high considering your ambient temp but then again I don’t know what heat sink you are using. There are a lot of things it could be.

Try taking off the side to see if your temps drop. If they do then you have an issue with airflow.

Srijan Sharma

Distinguished
May 12, 2010
everything is stock.
no i haven't run prime95.
temperature is 44c when i am not doing nothing.
temperature is 43-44c without the side panel.
after a hour of web browsing or watching movie temp gets 47c.
i just installed my PC so i don't have lots of games just pop.
after 1 hr of playing CPU/GPU temp is 56/59c.
i play at everything maxed.
CPU fan speed at 4900rpm,GPU fan at 40%.

should i stick with stock cooler or should i get aftermarket cooler.
5770 heat sink looks nice.

Srijan Sharma

Distinguished
May 12, 2010
OK i ran prime95 32bit but temperature reached 63c during 11th test so i stopped it.
CPU temp was 59c till test 9 mobo temp was 38-39 but reached 41c during test 11.
CPU fan was at 6188rmp.
i ran the test with side panel open.
also do games or apps stress CPU like prime95 does.

Pro Llama

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2009

Considering your temp with the side off and the side on are about the same, it sounds like your air flow is fine so you can keep the side on. You should be able to run prime95 without your system overheating. I can’t think of any game or app the stress the cpu like prime95. It is good to know that your system can go at full load without overheating.

My advice would be to put out a little more money to protect your pricy investment (1055T). You can get a good heatsink for pretty cheap.

Solution

jasonmat

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2010
Disagree- the stock cooler for 1055t is lame... idle temp at 45d-46c seems normal for this cooler, but Prime95 will pop your CPU. Games will stress the cooler, but if you can stand the noise, keep it. Otherwise, best get a better cooler.
AMD states not to go over 62c.

RoY_26

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2011
Hi i have the same problem my cpu working at 35% no overcloack , with the stock cooler went to 95 degrees so i went and turned off the pc and lowed the voltage and turned off few cores. But it doesnt looks really helpfull. Right now my enviroment temperature is around 24 degrees celsius and my cpu temp is around 34 and im literally doing nothing.

In the next days i wil remove the cooler and apply new thermal pad. Also the wattage being use for the cpu it looks way above the average for it.

Im answering myself if its wrong the software or my system is really a mess.

Im adding you an screenshot so you can see what i am talking about

PC:
t1055
4GB ram J skill 8500

WinXp 32 bits
and a mobo gygabite 880gm-ud2h

I would apreciate any helpful comment
thank you for your time.
cputemp.jpg

AND HERE 3 cores up at 73 % =D
cputemp3cores.jpg

kinth

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2011
having a similar problem with my x4 970 BE at stock with a gelid silentsprit aftermarket cooler. During games it hits 70c and idle is between 40-50c. my gpu is also getting pretty hot my 9800gt hits 97c in some games and idles around 70c.
is there a good way to test if it's airflow ? i have the side of the case off amd its an old case with no case fans it's fairly small (only just fits a mATX board) i don't mind getting a new case but don't want to pay for one if it's not going to fix the problem.

RoY_26

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2011

Loks like the best answer of this thread was to buy a new heat sink clear the old one and apply the new one.
it is cheap and it can help. Maybe the cooler is not doing a proper contact.

kinth

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2011

yep i already have an aftermarket cooler while its not the best one its still fairly good. it could possibly be contact but i mainly think it may be airflow as my gpu is getting hot aswell.

RoY_26

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2011
My mobo has a voltage conector with 8 pins and my PSU 4 i connected the 4 in the left side of the conector because is the one it match... COuld this be overheating the cpu?

RoY_26

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2011
GUUUUUYYS! was totally WRONG

The thermal paste is not the best option

I have been so obsesed because my temps didnt went down and my fan was so noisy, that i did more research and i found that we have 2 ways to achieve low heat and low noisy without to move so much the system.

FIRST ONE:

Cold and QUiet works! ( But we have to configure it ) How?
We go to control panel
Open power options
And select One of this: Portable/laptom OR Minimal power management

IF you are a gigabyte mobo user

YOu can use the energy saver utility turn it on and problem solved. I actually wasted on thermal paste and stress but im so glad and im so confident at this moment it worth it. ( Because i was thinking to buy a cooling system by water ) :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

jazz1080

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2012
Listen up! Here is how you lower it! First turn off the computer. take off the heatsink use rubing alcohol and cotton balls to clean both the heat sink and the proc. make sure to get that pre applied crap that comes with the heat sink off. use 400 grain sand paper and rub the bottom of heat sink switching rubs 90 degrees. then do it again with 800 grain. it shouldn't take long, dont go overboard. then clean it with rubbing alcohol again. use some silver thermal paste with the highest silver content you can get at a decent price, the brand doesn't matter much. apply with care, too much it will be hot like yours is, too little and it again will be hot as it is now. But when you get it just right it will be about 6-10c cooler for sure!

Status
Not open for further replies.