Corsair H100i Temps

jackp

Honorable
Dec 30, 2012
I recently installed a h1000i on an i5 2500k. When i checked core temp to see what the temps were like a was a bit disappointed. Idling at desktop on >7% load produces temps of about 30 C. And when overclocked to 4 ghz it idles at about 60 c at desktop. so my question is why are my temps not that great. Any help would be appreciated. oh and my fans are blow air into my case, if that helps.

Lutfij

Titan
there are more factors involved in seeing wondeful temps.
1| the temp of that cooler will always depend on the ambient temps no matter how much air you blow through the rad, its being fed by ambient temp'd air
2| what are the rest of your system specs? it may lend us an insight into your heatware...
3| your case airflow may need some looking at
4| what sort of temps were you expecting?

* you're feeding your components with warmer air and making that H100i draw more heat into its loop with the CPU heating up.

hcool1987

Honorable
Dec 24, 2012
I have recently built my new build and I have an H100i, I get temps in the mid 20's when not overclocked and low to mid 50's at 100% load under prime95. OCed to 4.3Ghz idle at high 20's low 30's and still pretty much in the low to mid 50's under load. I did install a push/pull configuration in my build so that may be why my temps are better, but you should not have such a jump at idle temp OCing from low 30's to 60c just going to 4Ghz. I would check your voltage in your bios and when you OCed or if you use software to OC and not the bios then its doing something to the voltage to make that kind of difference. Its working when your not OCing and then you OC and it jumps 30c, theres something wrong with the OC settings in my opion.

My CPU, you know my cooler and mobo is: LGA 2011 i7-3820, and a Gigabyte X79 wifi UD5.

TRENDING THREADS