Watchdog barking. Do he bite?
Kill my landlord. Kill my landlord.
Slip in his window. Break his neck.
Then his house I start to wreck.
Got no reason. What the heck?
Kill my landlord. Kill my landlord.
C-I-L-L my landlord!
- Eddie Murphy, as Tyrone Green

OK, so I finished Ember's mansion and here I am in Garrett's apartment and
the street area outside. I have a few questions about the city...

First, are there no difficulty settings here? I was most of the way
through the first mission when the 1.1 patch came out, and I didn't go
back and restart, so I was looking forward to seeing some more intelligent
AI behavior.

Second, is there any way to re-light candles? I reflexively snuffed out a
few in the apartment before I realized that I was making my own house
dark.

Third, it seems kind of odd for Garrett to suddenly decide to break into
his landlord's room and his neighbors', but there they are with stuff in
them and even a pointer to a quest... Unfortunately, the landlord caught
me and I ended up having to kill him, and one of the neighbors got tapped
on the head. I found myself asking, "is it really a good idea for a guy
like Garrett to go on a rampage in his own building?" Some people will
avoid this purely on the basis of trying to role-play Garrett a certain
way. Are there any reasons within the game itself to avoid it? That is,
outside of the satisfaction of role-playing, is there any reason to
consider the consequences of leaving your landlord's bloody corpse in your
hallway? Or is it just another area to "clear"?

Finally, a comment about the camera views. I find it entertaining to
switch back and forth, using 3rd person when I'm in relatively safe areas
and switching to 1st for the tricky stuff. But the 3rd person view has
too many bad angles, especially when you're standing next to something and
end up looking "through" Garrett. Plus, it's hard to look at things
close-up in 3rd person. I'm glad to have both options.

On Wed, 30 Jun 2004 20:20:20 -0000, Karl Hiller
<kreniigh@ySaPhAoMo.com> wrote:

>I have a few questions about the city...

>First, are there no difficulty settings here?

The AI reverts to Normal difficulty between missions, by design. To
change the Ai to more responsive levels, you ahve to use thiefbot:
http://www.team5150.com/~andrew/project.thiefbot/

>Second, is there any way to re-light candles? I reflexively snuffed out a
>few in the apartment before I realized that I was making my own house
>dark.

There's only one tool Garrett can use to create fire, in the Thief
series.

What's up Chuck?

To reach me, swap spammers get bent with softhome