Buying a prebuilt gaming rig

whitepedro

Distinguished
May 12, 2010
Hi all i hope this is the correct section &i'm not imposing.I wanting to buy a prebuilt gaming rig that'll max out crysis at 1920x1080 very high 45fps 1600x1200 4aa/4af 45+.My budget is 2.5 i feel this is enough i've looked at the titan viper on overclockers uk,the ultima vanquish,the dreadnought been told to hook these sysyems up with a 5870 or gtx 480.On the other hand cyberpower administrator tells me to go with their black pearl shove in a couple of 480sCF to this or put 2 5870s into the i7 pheonix.With these 2 systems costing £3100 after i've added a monitor keyboard etc,is this the price to pay to max crysis out in 2010?I'd be saving over a grand with the titan viper similarily with other overclockers.Could someone please help with their much needed experience as i don't want to be wasting money:)

whitepedro

Distinguished
May 12, 2010
Thanks guys but i've never had a desktop before only a laptop for the last few years.I don't see myself building a high end gaming machine with completely no experience whatsoever but thanks anyway:)you see i live in glasgow theirs only pc world which sell overpriced nonsense,that's why i'm drawn to cyberpower overclockers for a gaming rig as they're preoverclocked with i7 cpu@4ghz &top gpu.On the other hand a friend of mine who lives in harris who's built in the past who recentyl bought prebuilt system suuggest other than buying prebuilt i could as creative computing a shop not so far to walk to,that they make 1 for me.Maybe you could list all the parts for me here to max crysis out i go give it to them:)?

Wolygon

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2010
If you do a bit of research there is no reason why you can't build it. We can give you parts recommendations and all you need is to know how to put it together. Have a read of this if your interested:
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/274745-31-step-step-guide-building

Also you can order your parts from newegg.

[EDIT]
If you are really serious about your Crysis settings, in which case I ask why? Then the "Enthusiast - Extreme" for $2200 here is what you could be looking at:
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/269162-31-recommended-builds-usage

Heres some Crysis benchmarks with a 5970 for you:
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/radeon-hd-5970,2474-8.html

Hope that helps.

Yoshinoya

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2010
+3 Build it yourself

There are good guides here on the site and the peeps from the forum will advise you if you run into any difficulties.

leon2006

Distinguished
DIY machine always end up better and cheaper than prebuilt machine.
- Parts are better. Its whatever you choose goes(model, brand, etc) to your machine
- Warranty is a lot better ( 5yrs for drive, 3 yrs for cpu, 3 yrs for mb, lifetime for gpu, 5 yrs for PSU) compare to the 1 year standard warranty of pre-built machine.
- BIOS that will allow you to tweak settings to your satisfaction Unlike the limited BIOS of branded PC who are trying to protect its name

With respect to Desktop PC i never own a pre-built machine. I always build my own.

There is plenty of help and guide from the different sites.

Good luck