Sign in with
Your question

How reset me laptop without deleting anything?

Last response: in Windows XP
November 6, 2012 3:15:10 PM

I've had my 'Acer Aspire One' for almost 3 years now. It is a netbook (small laptop) and does not have a side thingy for CD's. A few days ago, it froze while I was on the internet and I was unable to shut it down until I pulled the charger out and the battery too. I placed battery back in and the charger too, and it managed turn on. I managed to log into my desktop account but that was as far as I got until it froze again. I am unable to click anything. I can't press start or Ctrl+Alt+Delete, or any other buttons. I seriously cannot click anything, not even the power button. To turn it off, I'd have to remove the battery and charger again..

A friend of mine found a way to reset my laptop but it could end up deleting all important files and folders! :fou:  I don't want anything deleted.

Please help :( 

More about : reset laptop deleting

a b D Laptop
November 6, 2012 4:10:25 PM

Unfortunately that's your only real option. Any recovery is likely to at least delete your settings and require programs be reinstalled. A more likely scenario is that you have a single recovery option, and that option is to restore the unit to factory condition.
m
l
November 7, 2012 6:42:29 PM

Oh... is there any way for me to transfer the data on my netbook to another laptop? The netbook doesn't have any CD side thingies, but a USB thingy could work right?
m
l
Related resources
a c 204 D Laptop
November 7, 2012 7:53:59 PM

Yes you can use a USB "thingy" to copy your files and settings. Then you can use the restore partition to wipe the drive and re-install Windows. Just get someone who knows what files you need to save to help you.

This may not fix things though, you could be having a hardware failure since you can't even turn it off with the power button. Did you hold in the power button for a bit though, usually takes 5 or so seconds before computers shut off.
m
l
November 16, 2012 4:41:17 AM

Okay then, thank you :D 
I had tried holding the power button, but it still won't turn it off...
m
l
November 16, 2012 5:00:12 AM

Cookies24 said:
I've had my 'Acer Aspire One' for almost 3 years now. It is a netbook (small laptop) and does not have a side thingy for CD's. A few days ago, it froze while I was on the internet and I was unable to shut it down until I pulled the charger out and the battery too. I placed battery back in and the charger too, and it managed turn on. I managed to log into my desktop account but that was as far as I got until it froze again. I am unable to click anything. I can't press start or Ctrl+Alt+Delete, or any other buttons. I seriously cannot click anything, not even the power button. To turn it off, I'd have to remove the battery and charger again..

A friend of mine found a way to reset my laptop but it could end up deleting all important files and folders! :fou:  I don't want anything deleted.

dan here put this in a file save as tips how to do,, when that happen again hold down the on button till light go out. now what happened was whan u plugged the cmos chip didn't get a chance to save settigs the boot order, so u go into safe mode f8 at start-up, do s disk clean-up, then restart back into windows, u should be at the desktop ready to rack & roll, could no a error check thats chkckd/r hit ok in run :bounce: 
m
l
November 18, 2012 4:49:00 PM

Cookies24 said:

:hello:  Leonard here: no if u have a recovery disc f10 at start that's repair f12 is reset f8 safe mode to get back in do a system restore first see if that works only if have set points before this happened ;) 
m
l
November 29, 2012 5:20:01 PM

Hi, thanks for all the great tips. I managed to fix my laptop but I found out how to do it on another website... It works now!!! I just had to hold down Fn and F10 as soon as the 'Acer' logo came up as soon as I turned my laptop on. Then it went to the resetting part and to save all my old files and folders, there was an option where it asked me if it wanted to save them on a backup thingy mabob. So... yah it works now :D 
m
l
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
January 13, 2013 12:04:46 AM

Cookies24 said:
Hi, thanks for all the great tips. I managed to fix my laptop but I found out how to do it on another website... It works now!!! I just had to hold down Fn and F10 as soon as the 'Acer' logo came up as soon as I turned my laptop on. Then it went to the resetting part and to save all my old files and folders, there was an option where it asked me if it wanted to save them on a backup thingy mabob. So... yah it works now :D 

Hey man, What was the website you used for getting these off? <3
SoloBro~
m
l
!