GIGABYTE GA-X58A-UD3R V.S. ASUS Rampage III V.S. ASUS P6X58D-E

Reubend

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2010
Which of these three motherboards would you recommend? Someone recommended the ASUS P6X58D-E over the GIGABYTE GA-X58A-UD3R, but it seems to me like the ASUS Rampage III has more features than either of the others.

silversurfernhs

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2009
Rampage III is what i would suggest, i looked at all of these and skipped over the p6 because the gig and r3e had the features i needed, went with the gig and regretted it ( so many issues) then said f*** it and spent a lil extra for the r3 - never looked back and couldn't be happier

andrern2000

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2010
Vote for ASUS P6X58D-E, but Rampage III is also good. Similar, I think. The price diff is only small. You can't go wrong with both. Gigabyte is good too, and has lots of mobo protection unique features. But some people has 'Usability issue' with memory. But it's overall also a durable motherboard, and can get overclocked high.
Actually, you can choose any of them. All provide good warranty too.

Gekko Shadow

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2010
Personally, i would go with the Asus R3. The R3 is a pretty great board, good specs, and good OC. The P6x58D-E is also a good choice, solid and reliable x). Giggy - well it's a good board, but i don't like giggy xD.

You can also consider the Asus Sabertooth X58 :)