Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Compatibility autocad 2006 windows 7

Last response: in Windows 7
a b $ Windows 7
December 22, 2009 3:42:19 PM

Use XP service pack 2 compatibility mode.

Only AutoCAD 2010 will be Win7 compliant.
Score
May 17, 2010 8:07:06 PM

I just installed AutoCAD 2006 in a 64bit Windows 7 laptop and it worked fine. Just like with Vista you have to remember to run it as an Administrator not just be logged on as one. Or it will give you the compatibility error message.

Jarred
Score
Related resources
Anonymous
a b $ Windows 7
June 4, 2010 6:52:21 PM

dznytoy said:
I just installed AutoCAD 2006 in a 64bit Windows 7 laptop and it worked fine. Just like with Vista you have to remember to run it as an Administrator not just be logged on as one. Or it will give you the compatibility error message.

Jarred

Jarred how do you run it as an Administrator? Thanks, Bill
Score
a b $ Windows 7
June 4, 2010 9:12:14 PM

Quote:
Jarred how do you run it as an Administrator? Thanks, Bill

Right click the application when you start, and select "Run As Administrator" in the drop down. You may also do the same right click to go into the app's properties, and will be able to set "Always Run As Administrator" from there.
Score
a b $ Windows 7
June 4, 2010 9:25:03 PM

I had the same problems till I got ACAD 2010
Score
June 4, 2010 10:26:54 PM

Hello procent,

For all your software and hardware check the
Windows 7 Compatibility site: (There you will find out about hardware and software compatibilty.)
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/compatibility/en-us/de...
There is a pulldown from which you can choose "hardware" and "software".
John M
Microsoft Windows Client Team

Score
September 23, 2010 3:42:42 AM

Scotteq said:
Right click the application when you start, and select "Run As Administrator" in the drop down. You may also do the same right click to go into the app's properties, and will be able to set "Always Run As Administrator" from there.

Does running it as an administrator compromise the performance in any way? or is it just a technicality in order to run ACAD 2006 on Windows 7?
Score
September 23, 2010 5:26:23 AM

Scotteq said:

OK, I set up my ACAD "Properties", "compatibility" to "Run this program with Windows XP Service Pack 2" and to "open as administrator". I still get the compatibility error when I open Autocad but I can select "Run Program" in the error box and it opens. Is that normal to have to do that every time I open ACAD?
Score
a b $ Windows 7
September 23, 2010 7:40:05 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
!