Thief: DS & MS Intellimouse Optical - Can't configure butt..

Does anyone know how I can configure Thief: DS
to use the two side buttons on this mouse:

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mouseandkeyboard/productdetails.aspx?pid=004

I'm able to configure Thief to use the other three
buttons successfully, and have been able to configure
other games to use the two side buttons.

Thanks,

P.
3 answers Last reply
More about thief intellimouse optical configure butt
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    On 1 Jul 2004 06:02:57 -0700, paul_moloney@hotmail.com (Paul Moloney) wrote:

    >Does anyone know how I can configure Thief: DS
    >to use the two side buttons on this mouse:
    >
    >http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mouseandkeyboard/productdetails.aspx?pid=004
    >
    >I'm able to configure Thief to use the other three
    >buttons successfully, and have been able to configure
    >other games to use the two side buttons.
    >
    >Thanks,
    >
    >P.

    I have a MS trackball, and think it has the same drivers. I had to go
    into the windows mouse control panel and set the buttons to mimic
    keyboard keys. I have the left outside left button set as BACKSPACE
    and the outside right button as the letter N. And then in the games
    they are bound to those keyboard keys.
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project,microsoft.public.mshardware.product (More info?)

    Sxerks <none@a.a> wrote in:
    > paul_moloney@hotmail.com (Paul Moloney) wrote:

    > >Does anyone know how I can configure Thief: DS
    > >to use the two side buttons on this mouse:
    > >
    > >http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mouseandkeyboard/productdetails.aspx?pid=004
    > >
    > >I'm able to configure Thief to use the other three
    > >buttons successfully, and have been able to configure
    > >other games to use the two side buttons.

    > I have a MS trackball, and think it has the same drivers. I had to go
    > into the windows mouse control panel and set the buttons to mimic
    > keyboard keys. I have the left outside left button set as BACKSPACE
    > and the outside right button as the letter N. And then in the games
    > they are bound to those keyboard keys.

    Thanks; sounds like a pain for you though :) ; it would be nice if
    there was a hack to work around this problem. Alternatively, do you
    know any utilities that enable you to save custom mouse settings and
    switch between them easily, so you switch back and forth between the
    "normal" mouse settings for buttons 4 and 5, and custom settings for
    Thief?

    P.
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    On 2 Jul 2004 01:53:05 -0700, paul_moloney@hotmail.com (Paul Moloney) wrote:

    >Sxerks <none@a.a> wrote in:
    >> paul_moloney@hotmail.com (Paul Moloney) wrote:
    >
    >> >Does anyone know how I can configure Thief: DS
    >> >to use the two side buttons on this mouse:
    >> >
    >> >http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mouseandkeyboard/productdetails.aspx?pid=004
    >> >
    >> >I'm able to configure Thief to use the other three
    >> >buttons successfully, and have been able to configure
    >> >other games to use the two side buttons.
    >
    >> I have a MS trackball, and think it has the same drivers. I had to go
    >> into the windows mouse control panel and set the buttons to mimic
    >> keyboard keys. I have the left outside left button set as BACKSPACE
    >> and the outside right button as the letter N. And then in the games
    >> they are bound to those keyboard keys.
    >
    >Thanks; sounds like a pain for you though :) ; it would be nice if
    >there was a hack to work around this problem. Alternatively, do you
    >know any utilities that enable you to save custom mouse settings and
    >switch between them easily, so you switch back and forth between the
    >"normal" mouse settings for buttons 4 and 5, and custom settings for
    >Thief?
    >
    >P.

    I don't know any utilities off-hand, but the in that same mouse control
    panel, you can set it to "Enable program-specific button settings".
    So that way they would switch automatically.

Mice Configuration Games Video Games