Cheapest graphics card to game with 2 monitors

I would love to game with 2 monitors but i only have £150 for the graphics card left over; My motherboard - Gigabyte GA-MA790XT-UD4P this has 2 graphics card x16 slots (dual x8) I was thinking maybe 2 HD4850 (512MB) or the HD5830 when it comes out. I want to play MW2 and GRID etc. it doesn't really matter about AA or AF but I do want it to look good, so what do you think?

Also I will try to overclock a bit but I have never done it so it might be a sucess ;)

Thanks
9 answers Last reply
More about cheapest graphics card game monitors
  1. I would get a single powerful card over two lower powered ones, a single card is good enough to display two screens. For £150 a 5770 would be good, a 5830 might be a bit more than that, but I'm not to familiar with £.
  2. It is supposed to be about £160 I think
  3. Anyway a 5770 will be great for 1680x1050 resolution and below, even then its good at 1080 as well. 5830 would be better for 1920x1080 and above.
  4. A single card indeed... +1 for the 5770, although it might struggle with more demanding games... COD and GRID should run fine
  5. Offerings at that price point are weak at the moment-- you can get a 5770 for £122.70inc vat
    http://www.ebuyer.com/product/191864

The next card up (5850) starts at £242.40. The 5830 should be released soon, but will still probably fall closer to £200 than 150.

Edit: if you are going to overclock it browse around for one with a very good cooler--it would be worth a little more.
  6. I am not planning to build till around july
  7. then I advise to try and save some more as a single 5770 is really going to struggle with 2 monitors for gaming I should think...

What res are your screens?

For best value for money atm I'd get:

Powercolor ATI Radeon HD 5850 "Dirt2 Edition" for £209

damn good value for money with the game too - though I am not such a fan of Powercolor (think they have gotten better over the years?)

which should be able to run 2 screens ok ;)
  8. I agree powercolor brand is worth it for the massive difference between a 5770 and 5850. It looks to be a reference design--so there isnt really too much they could have done wrong.
  9. If your not going to build until July, Id say come back maybe 3-4 weeks before you are going to build and ask this question again. A lot of things might happen in 4-5 months, maybe by then the 5850 will start creeping into your price range. Plus we have Nvidia's Fermi GPUs that are supposed to come out some time between then and now.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Games Monitors Graphics