Solved

Cooling Advice

My build

Nzxt Phantom 410
i5-3570k
gigabyte z77x ud3h
stock fans 1 in front 120mm, 1 rear 120mm, 1 top 140mm
cpu fan- cooler master hyper 212 EVO (in transit)
seasonic s12 II 520W
Gskill sniper sbr - 1.5V


Currently the front fan and top fan is set on intake and the rear fan on exhaust.
no clue on the cfm's and rpms of the fan (where can i get the info on that.)

I need to buy a new thermal paste and set up the cooling system.

Yes i want to overclock.
12 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about cooling advice
  1. Set top fan on exhaust heat rises , get a side fan going on intake and you're set
  2. jerry6 said:
    Set top fan on exhaust heat rises , get a side fan going on intake and you're set



    I cant get a new fan, :( budget Done for this month.
  3. Quote:
    top fan exhaust is the way to go

    cpu fan- cooler master hyper 212 EVO (in transit) do a push pull with this


    Okay, i need some more info on the push pull thing.

    And yes the top fan is on exhaust, rear and front on intake.
  4. According to my knowledge these are the stock fans:

    http://www.nzxt.com/new/products/case_fans/fn_120rb
    http://www.nzxt.com/new/products/case_fans/fn_140rb

    And the current CFM inside the case would be around 32.04 CFM
    Shoud we maintain negative or positive CFM?
  5. heaven_ said:
    Okay, i need some more info on the push pull thing.

    And yes the top fan is on exhaust, rear and front on intake.

    push pull on the cooler will drop temps from 2 to 5 c , if your not going to oc it;s not necessary
  6. jerry6 said:
    push pull on the cooler will drop temps from 2 to 5 c , if your not going to oc it;s not necessary


    I will oc, but i needed to know how do I set the 212 on push pull and also i tried to put the front fan on the side for better intake but i think i need some other screws for that :(
  7. okay so this is the setup so far,

    120mm front fan Intake ( 80m^3/h )
    120mm rear fan exhaust ( 80^3/h )
    140mm top fan exhaust ( 106m^3/h )

    still waiting for the hyper 212 and according to my understanding it should be pushing air outside i.e. onto the rear exhaust fan.
  8. Best answer
    heaven_ said:
    okay so this is the setup so far,

    120mm front fan Intake ( 80m^3/h )
    120mm rear fan exhaust ( 80^3/h )
    140mm top fan exhaust ( 106m^3/h )

    still waiting for the hyper 212 and according to my understanding it should be pushing air outside i.e. onto the rear exhaust fan.

    Right , but you can mount a 2nd fan on the 212 , one pushes the 2nd pulls air through , they still move air towards the rear exhaust fan , you just get a few degrees more cooling on the 212
  9. jerry6 said:
    Right , but you can mount a 2nd fan on the 212 , one pushes the 2nd pulls air through , they still move air towards the rear exhaust fan , you just get a few degrees more cooling on the 212


    OKay got it :D Thanks
    and a HAppy New Year :D
  10. Good set up , when you get some extra cash a side fan blowing in will help . as it is you should have good case/cpu cooling , the hot air will be taken out with that 140 up top and the 120 out back . The one thing my case is missing is vents up top , wish mine had one .
  11. jerry6 said:
    Good set up , when you get some extra cash a side fan blowing in will help . as it is you should have good case/cpu cooling , the hot air will be taken out with that 140 up top and the 120 out back . The one thing my case is missing is vents up top , wish mine had one .


    i think i might be able to get 1 under 10$ if i can find a good one .i.e. ( fyi i am india 10$=500INR and prices are higher here :( )
    And also there is only one fan with the 212 hyper evo. i thought i will get two now will have to buy 2 fans
  12. Best answer selected by heaven_.
Ask a new question

Read More

Heatsinks Cooling Fan Overclocking