Gaming/Recording

G

I've been shopping around for a new pc for a couple of months now and im just looking for some 2nd opinions... I have around 9£900 to spend and ive been looking at this rig on overclockers. Generally I play games such as DayZ, Battlefield etc. also I am looking to record.

- Case: Antec 300 Gaming Case - Black
- Power Supply: Corsair TX 650w PSU
- CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K 3.40GHz @ 4.40GHz Ivybridge CPU
- Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V LX Intel Z77 (Socket 1155) DDR3 Motherboard
- Cooler: Alpenfohn K2 Mount Doom CPU Cooler
- RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz Dual Channel Kit
- Hard Drive: 500GB HDD (I also have an external)
- Graphics Card: EvGA GeFORCE GTX 660ti 2048MB GDDR5
- Sound: Realtek 7.1 Channel Sound (On-Board)
- Optical Drive: OcUK 24x DVD+/-RW SATA Drive
- Intel 330 series 60gb SSD
-Windows 7 home

Atm this just touches under my budget, obviously I would like to save a bit of oney rather than using the whole of the budget but I doubt that will happen with me not doing the build myself.

English nazi:

effect - noun
affect - verb

Battlefield won't be reading from the hard drive during gameplay, and DayZ only loads infrequently (one of the few efficient aspects of the "real virtuality" engine.) Recording to a HDD will hardly affect his performance.

Still, with a gaming machine on this budget, I reccommend a larger ssd as well. You can buy a 120gb toggle-nand second gen sandforce drive from a reputable company for nearly the same price as the 60gb 330. The toggle-sandforce drive will also be faster. If you drop the HDD, you can even squeeze a 240gb ssd in the budget.

Sandisk is my personal favorite, as they're the only company that makes their own flash memory (they seem to be using that to make their drives cheaper to buy), and they've been making enterprise ssd's longer than intel. The "extreme" is their toggle-nand drive. The 240gb extreme is $160 on amazon right now.

There is always a performance hit when recording, but that has mostly to do with the CPU cycles used by fraps, etc.

enjoy!