Thief DS minimum audio/video card requirements?

I know it was posted here before, but what are the minimum audio and
video card requirements for Thief: DS?
I picked up a cheap 2.8 Gigahertz machine with 512 megs of ram and an
80 gig hard drive. It has on board video and sound card, which I know
won't work with Thief: DS. I have 3 PCI slots and one 2x/4x AGP slot and
trying for the cheapest route to upgrade.
Any suggestions?
Albert
4 answers Last reply
More about thief minimum audio video card requirements
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    Albert R. Conklin wrote:
    > I know it was posted here before, but what are the minimum audio and
    > video card requirements for Thief: DS?
    > I picked up a cheap 2.8 Gigahertz machine with 512 megs of ram and an
    > 80 gig hard drive. It has on board video and sound card, which I know
    > won't work with Thief: DS. I have 3 PCI slots and one 2x/4x AGP slot and
    > trying for the cheapest route to upgrade.
    > Any suggestions?
    > Albert

    From the readme.

    The minimum system requirements are as follows:

    COMPUTER: IBM PC or 100% compatible
    OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 2000 or Windows XP (95/98/ME/NT not supported)
    CPU: Intel Pentium IV 1.5 GHz (or AMD Athlon XP equivalent)
    MEMORY: 256 MB system memory
    GRAPHICS: 64 MB video memory, Direct3D 9.0, and Pixel Shader 1.1
    SOUND: 100% DirectSound 9 compatible sound card
    HARD DRIVE: 3,000 MB free hard disk space
    CD-ROM: Quad-speed CD drive or DVD drive (DVD required for European
    versions)
    INPUT DEVICES: Keyboard and mouse

    The recommended system requirements are as above with the following changes:

    CPU: Intel Pentium IV 2.0 GHz (or AMD Athlon XP equivalent)
    MEMORY: 512 MB system memory
    GRAPHICS: 128 MB video memory, Direct3D 9.0, and Pixel Shader 1.1
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    Thanks!
    Albert

    Canthlian wrote:

    > Albert R. Conklin wrote:
    > > I know it was posted here before, but what are the minimum audio and
    > > video card requirements for Thief: DS?
    > > I picked up a cheap 2.8 Gigahertz machine with 512 megs of ram and an
    > > 80 gig hard drive. It has on board video and sound card, which I know
    > > won't work with Thief: DS. I have 3 PCI slots and one 2x/4x AGP slot and
    > > trying for the cheapest route to upgrade.
    > > Any suggestions?
    > > Albert
    > >

    > From the readme.
    >
    > The minimum system requirements are as follows:
    >
    > COMPUTER: IBM PC or 100% compatible
    > OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 2000 or Windows XP (95/98/ME/NT not supported)
    > CPU: Intel Pentium IV 1.5 GHz (or AMD Athlon XP equivalent)
    > MEMORY: 256 MB system memory
    > GRAPHICS: 64 MB video memory, Direct3D 9.0, and Pixel Shader 1.1
    > SOUND: 100% DirectSound 9 compatible sound card
    > HARD DRIVE: 3,000 MB free hard disk space
    > CD-ROM: Quad-speed CD drive or DVD drive (DVD required for European
    > versions)
    > INPUT DEVICES: Keyboard and mouse
    >
    > The recommended system requirements are as above with the following changes:
    >
    > CPU: Intel Pentium IV 2.0 GHz (or AMD Athlon XP equivalent)
    > MEMORY: 512 MB system memory
    > GRAPHICS: 128 MB video memory, Direct3D 9.0, and Pixel Shader 1.1
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    "Albert R. Conklin" <aconklin@satx.rr.com> wrote
    > I know it was posted here before, but what are the minimum audio and
    > video card requirements for Thief: DS?

    T3 was barely playable with my old GF3 Ti200, but
    after upgrading to Radeon 9600pro it seems to run just
    fine in 800x600 with all details except multisampling maxed.
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    On Fri, 02 Jul 2004 02:45:36 GMT, "Albert R. Conklin"
    <aconklin@satx.rr.com> wrote:

    > I know it was posted here before, but what are the minimum audio and
    >video card requirements for Thief: DS?
    > I picked up a cheap 2.8 Gigahertz machine with 512 megs of ram and an
    >80 gig hard drive. It has on board video and sound card, which I know
    >won't work with Thief: DS. I have 3 PCI slots and one 2x/4x AGP slot and
    >trying for the cheapest route to upgrade.
    > Any suggestions?
    >Albert

    Hey Albert,

    I've been running the demo with my system with no problems at all,
    don't know if the full version is far more taxing. The Ti4200 is a
    very fine card, if you can still find it it would likely be very
    cheap.

    Good Luck,

    Griffin

    System: