Thief DS minimum audio/video card requirements?

Last response: in Video Games
July 2, 2004 6:45:36 AM

I know it was posted here before, but what are the minimum audio and
video card requirements for Thief: DS?
I picked up a cheap 2.8 Gigahertz machine with 512 megs of ram and an
80 gig hard drive. It has on board video and sound card, which I know
won't work with Thief: DS. I have 3 PCI slots and one 2x/4x AGP slot and
trying for the cheapest route to upgrade.
Any suggestions?
Albert
Anonymous
July 2, 2004 7:12:20 AM

Albert R. Conklin wrote:
> I know it was posted here before, but what are the minimum audio and
> video card requirements for Thief: DS?
> I picked up a cheap 2.8 Gigahertz machine with 512 megs of ram and an
> 80 gig hard drive. It has on board video and sound card, which I know
> won't work with Thief: DS. I have 3 PCI slots and one 2x/4x AGP slot and
> trying for the cheapest route to upgrade.
> Any suggestions?
> Albert

From the readme.

The minimum system requirements are as follows:

COMPUTER: IBM PC or 100% compatible
OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 2000 or Windows XP (95/98/ME/NT not supported)
CPU: Intel Pentium IV 1.5 GHz (or AMD Athlon XP equivalent)
MEMORY: 256 MB system memory
GRAPHICS: 64 MB video memory, Direct3D 9.0, and Pixel Shader 1.1
SOUND: 100% DirectSound 9 compatible sound card
HARD DRIVE: 3,000 MB free hard disk space
CD-ROM: Quad-speed CD drive or DVD drive (DVD required for European
versions)
INPUT DEVICES: Keyboard and mouse

The recommended system requirements are as above with the following changes:

CPU: Intel Pentium IV 2.0 GHz (or AMD Athlon XP equivalent)
MEMORY: 512 MB system memory
GRAPHICS: 128 MB video memory, Direct3D 9.0, and Pixel Shader 1.1
Anonymous
July 2, 2004 7:27:09 AM

Thanks!
Albert

Canthlian wrote:

> Albert R. Conklin wrote:
> > I know it was posted here before, but what are the minimum audio and
> > video card requirements for Thief: DS?
> > I picked up a cheap 2.8 Gigahertz machine with 512 megs of ram and an
> > 80 gig hard drive. It has on board video and sound card, which I know
> > won't work with Thief: DS. I have 3 PCI slots and one 2x/4x AGP slot and
> > trying for the cheapest route to upgrade.
> > Any suggestions?
> > Albert
> >

> From the readme.
>
> The minimum system requirements are as follows:
>
> COMPUTER: IBM PC or 100% compatible
> OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 2000 or Windows XP (95/98/ME/NT not supported)
> CPU: Intel Pentium IV 1.5 GHz (or AMD Athlon XP equivalent)
> MEMORY: 256 MB system memory
> GRAPHICS: 64 MB video memory, Direct3D 9.0, and Pixel Shader 1.1
> SOUND: 100% DirectSound 9 compatible sound card
> HARD DRIVE: 3,000 MB free hard disk space
> CD-ROM: Quad-speed CD drive or DVD drive (DVD required for European
> versions)
> INPUT DEVICES: Keyboard and mouse
>
> The recommended system requirements are as above with the following changes:
>
> CPU: Intel Pentium IV 2.0 GHz (or AMD Athlon XP equivalent)
> MEMORY: 512 MB system memory
> GRAPHICS: 128 MB video memory, Direct3D 9.0, and Pixel Shader 1.1
July 2, 2004 12:15:29 PM

"Albert R. Conklin" <aconklin@satx.rr.com> wrote
> I know it was posted here before, but what are the minimum audio and
> video card requirements for Thief: DS?

T3 was barely playable with my old GF3 Ti200, but
after upgrading to Radeon 9600pro it seems to run just
fine in 800x600 with all details except multisampling maxed.
Anonymous
July 2, 2004 3:15:13 PM

On Fri, 02 Jul 2004 02:45:36 GMT, "Albert R. Conklin"
<aconklin@satx.rr.com> wrote:

> I know it was posted here before, but what are the minimum audio and
>video card requirements for Thief: DS?
> I picked up a cheap 2.8 Gigahertz machine with 512 megs of ram and an
>80 gig hard drive. It has on board video and sound card, which I know
>won't work with Thief: DS. I have 3 PCI slots and one 2x/4x AGP slot and
>trying for the cheapest route to upgrade.
> Any suggestions?
>Albert

Hey Albert,

I've been running the demo with my system with no problems at all,
don't know if the full version is far more taxing. The Ti4200 is a
very fine card, if you can still find it it would likely be very
cheap.

Good Luck,

Griffin

System: