    Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.networking
    From: jackwa@online.microsoft.com (Jack Wang [MSFT])
    Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 08:47:08 GMT
    Subject: RE: VPN connection drops every 5 to 10 mins

    Hi

    Thank you for posting!

    Please collect the following information for me so that I can understand
    the situation clearly. I appreciate your time.

    1. Who is the manufacturer or what is the model of the wireless device?

    2. When the issue occur, is the wireless network connection disconnected?

    3. Does the issue occur on all the VPN clients or just this Windows XP
    computer?

    4. Have you installed the latest driver from its manufacturer for the
    wireless device?

    5. Send the Event Viewer logs to me so that I could find more information
    about the error.

    Step 1: Click Start, click Run, and then type "eventvwr" (without the
    quotation
    marks), click OK.

    Step 2: Right-click Application and select Save Log File As.

    Step 3: Save it Application.evt.

    Step 4: Repeat step 1 to 3 to save the Security and System event to
    Security.evt
    and System.evt.

    Step 5: Send them to me at jackwa@microsoft.com.

    6. Use the MPSRPT_NETWORK.EXE tool to collect the system information of the
    Windows XP computer to me.

    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=cebf3c7c-7ca5-408f-
    88b7-f9c79b7306c0&DisplayLang=en

    Hope this helps!

    Sincerely,
    Jack Wang, MCSE 2000/2003, MCSA 2000/2003, MCDBA, MCSD
    Microsoft Online Partner Support

    ---------------------------------------

    Sincerely,
    Jack Wang, MCSE 2000/2003, MCSA 2000/2003, MCDBA, MCSD
    Microsoft Online Partner Support

    from your issue.

    --------------------
    | From: <chv@anon.postalias>
    | Sender: <chv@anon.postalias>
    | Subject: VPN connection drops every 5-10 mins
    | Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 06:54:17 -0800
    | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage
    |
    | Hi all,
    |
    | My wireless VPN connection keeps droping every 5-10
    | minutes. Can anyone help resolve this please ?
    |
    | Many thanks

Configuration Connection vpn Microsoft Windows XP