Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

XFX 750i Extreme HDMI Sound

Last response: in Motherboards
Share
October 27, 2010 8:09:21 PM

Trying to hook up 2-pin bridge from GPU GTX 9800 to MoBo XFX 750i Extreme Edition. The only possible spdif connector on board I see is a 3-pin one on the left side of the board. Tried various combos - never got it to work. Need some advise. TIA
a b V Motherboard
October 27, 2010 9:26:34 PM

Left side? You mean the board's left or you're left? I believe it was on the right :L

i have the same board - but i don't use the spdif connector anymore xD. I think it was somewhere along where the power/reset pins are at. Not sure sure, but i'll take a look at it when i get home x).
m
0
l
October 27, 2010 9:45:07 PM

By left side I mean the one facing rear of the tower when installed. Connector is in between two PCI slots - well, if that's the one.
m
0
l
Related resources
a b V Motherboard
October 28, 2010 4:57:28 PM

Ok i was wrong lol - it's between the PCIe slots. (the green ones). Is that the one you were talking about?
m
0
l
October 28, 2010 7:44:14 PM

Gekko Shadow said:
Ok i was wrong lol - it's between the PCIe slots. (the green ones). Is that the one you were talking about?



yes that's the one. But I still cant get it work(
m
0
l
a b V Motherboard
October 28, 2010 8:22:07 PM

The spdif you are trying to connect is from what? a graphics card or what exactly?
m
0
l
October 28, 2010 8:40:05 PM

Gekko Shadow said:
The spdif you are trying to connect is from what? a graphics card or what exactly?

My PC is hooked up to TV through DVI-HDMI cable. When I had my old MoBo I attached 2- pin brigde connector from graphic card to MoBo to transfer sound along with video signal through that HDMI cable. Few days back I bought XFX MoBo and now trying to do the same procedure on it. But if on old board it was quite obvious where to put this 2-pin thing, 750i gives me hard time finding the right spot for this connector
m
0
l
a b V Motherboard
October 28, 2010 8:58:27 PM

__
| [1] \
| [2] |
| [3] /

Illustration: SPDIF Connection on mobo (pin 3 is the bottom - pin 1 the top)

Sorry for the horrible illustration there, i cannot upload pics at work (stupid firewall :lol:  )

Ok so pin 3, should be GRD (Ground) and pin 2 is SPDIF. Pin 1 is VCC. If that doesn't work then it's not because you can't find it =P.
m
0
l
October 28, 2010 9:05:57 PM

Gekko Shadow said:
__
| [1] \
| [2] |
| [3] /

Illustration: SPDIF Connection on mobo (pin 3 is the bottom - pin 1 the top)

Sorry for the horrible illustration there, i cannot upload pics at work (stupid firewall :lol:  )

Ok so pin 3, should be GRD (Ground) and pin 2 is SPDIF. Pin 1 is VCC. If that doesn't work then it's not because you can't find it =P.



I tried all that - no result.
m
0
l
a b V Motherboard
October 28, 2010 10:35:01 PM

Then the SPDIF on the board is "pffft" or the cable is defective. Or maybe some setting in windows are off? =P
m
0
l
October 29, 2010 9:15:31 PM

Gekko Shadow said:
Then the SPDIF on the board is "pffft" or the cable is defective. Or maybe some setting in windows are off? =P




I assume all the settings are on since it worked with old mobo (i never reinstalled Win after getting 750i). It's just 3-pin input for 2-pin output connector that bothers me. kinda weird
m
0
l
a b V Motherboard
October 29, 2010 9:24:05 PM

Yeah i agree - i noticed that on my old GTS 250 xD. Well there isn't much more i can suggest =P sorry. I never use it so i never looked into it. And there's isn't much info out there on it.

Do you have the latest drivers installed? (maybe a BIOS thing?) :lol: 
m
0
l
October 29, 2010 10:30:45 PM

Gekko Shadow said:
Yeah i agree - i noticed that on my old GTS 250 xD. Well there isn't much more i can suggest =P sorry. I never use it so i never looked into it. And there's isn't much info out there on it.

Do you have the latest drivers installed? (maybe a BIOS thing?) :lol: 


Fixed. Just had to play with default audio device tab a bit. Thanks for your help :lol: 
m
0
l
a b V Motherboard
October 29, 2010 10:37:21 PM

:lol:  well that's awesome! xD And not a problem! :)  If there's anything else i can help ya with just send me a message! X)
m
0
l
!