What maintenance do I perform on a liquid cooling system?

jooshie

Honorable
Dec 25, 2012
I've had my computer since October 2011, it's been working perfectly the whole time and it still is.. but i've recently started thinking about my liquid cooler and whether I should have been performing some maintenance on it every couple of months or so.. I'm not very good with maintenance with computers hence why i've never thought of performing it.. the only thing i'm positive of safely doing is replacing a graphics card..

So with my liquid cooling system ( Asetek 510LC / Xtremegear Liquid Cooling system w/ 120mm Radiator ) What sort of maintenance should I perform on it.. Right now while playing a CPU intensive game i'm running at 55 degrees which I suppose isn't that bad. I did read somewhere also that with the 120mm radiator, no maintenance needs to be performed but i'd rather know from a reliable souce of which the forum is.. thank you. :)

Lutfij

Titan
Closed Loop Coolers
^
No maintenance needed, only requires you to blow compressed air through the rad fins and do the usual cleaning job. Since its a sealed loop, you can't tear it down. The latter would defeat the purpose of it being a sealed all-in-one unit. However, you could remove the cooling plate and change/replace the TIM on the CPU to something like an Arctic Silver 5 , Timtronics or Arctic cooling's MX lineup.

jooshie

Honorable
Dec 25, 2012

Thanks alot, and yeah i'll get around to changing the TIM.