• Motherboards
  • Power
  • Components
Last response: in Components
May 13, 2010 6:52:48 AM

Hello,how to repair the power supply

More about : pin motherboard

May 13, 2010 6:56:16 AM

well a little more info might help us to help you "8 pin motherboard" and "how to repair power supply" dont really give us many clues
a b ) Power supply
a b V Motherboard
May 13, 2010 12:58:01 PM

never repair a power supply - return it if it's still under warranty or buy a new one.

NEVER repair a power supply.
Related resources
a b ) Power supply
May 13, 2010 1:15:34 PM

Its obvious that you are not qualified to repair PSU. Not even close. I agree with LePhuronn.

For connectors that can be replaced (for modular brand) you can go to computer stores (i.e. Frys / Best Buy) and get a replacement. PSU vendor such as Antec and Corsair can send you one.

For hard-wired PSU(non-modular) you need to have soldering and cable splicing skills to replace one.

There are cable converters to switch the 12V connectors to 8 Pin(for mb power). These are available on PC stores.
a c 144 ) Power supply
a c 156 V Motherboard
May 13, 2010 7:01:23 PM

From context, I am thinking your problem is a PSU with a 4 pin CPU power connector and an 8 pin motherboard.

The 4 -> 8 pin CPU power adapters are useless. They don't increase the amount of power the PSU can provide.

If you have a CPU with a TDP of 120 watts or lower, just use the 4 pin plug.

Orient the motherboard so the CPU power plug is in the upper right corner. Depending on the orientation of the motherboard socket:
if the socket is horizontal, use the right 4 pins.
if the socket is vertical, use the lower set of pins.
May 14, 2010 12:49:00 AM

LePhuronn said:
never repair a power supply - return it if it's still under warranty or buy a new one.

NEVER repair a power supply.

Does that mean im a bad boy for replaceing the fan that died in my psu :kaola: 

*Edit* and before you say it warranty had run out (just :( ) and anything else other than the fan no i would NOT even attempt to think about repairing
a b ) Power supply
May 14, 2010 2:33:29 AM

i repaired a psu once! omg it was epic. i almost blew up. there were sparks everywher, i made the house catch on fire...
IM KIDDING ABOUT THAT!!!
but yes i do sometimes replace the fans in power supplies. past that, i do not recommend you try to fix a psu.
!