Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Fps low, should I OC? :O

Last response: in Overclocking
Share
December 31, 2012 8:59:54 PM

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/ [...] m#t2895466

^--- Pc Specs:

OS: Windows 7 Ultimate/ 64-bit
Motherboard: Gigabyte M68MT-S2
Processor: AMD FX-4100 3.6 ghz
Memory: 8192 MB RAM
DirectX 11
AMD Radeon HD 7850
Samsung 840 120GB SSD
Antec 1200 psu

I get extremely low fps ( around 10-12) when I play Project Blackout or Mw3. Should I OC cpu to increase fps? I'm not sure :( 


pc photos:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/91680371@N02/

More about : fps low

December 31, 2012 9:23:34 PM

What is your CPU usage while playing the game? It can be a driver issue too.
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
December 31, 2012 9:41:21 PM

Do you experience this issue with any other games?
December 31, 2012 9:42:11 PM

alright lemme try it
December 31, 2012 9:43:00 PM

says i have the latest driver
December 31, 2012 9:44:36 PM

Yh so far with two games =//
December 31, 2012 9:48:49 PM

Do you have any other games that you play?
eric16288 said:
Yh so far with two games =//

December 31, 2012 9:53:23 PM

thats the only two on my drive atm
December 31, 2012 10:03:52 PM

I've done some research about the motherboard you had and it seems to have struggle with Activision games without the bios update.

Here is another thread of the same problem: http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/315251-30-gigabyte-m6...

Cheap motherboard causes big problems, you should install some of the updates that are at the bottom of this this website, but I'm still not completely sure what the problem is. If the website doesn't work for you then try the driver CD that came with the motherboard.

Here is the link: http://www.gigabyte.us/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3...
December 31, 2012 10:12:53 PM

alright let me try it and tell you the results :) 
December 31, 2012 10:15:16 PM

Yup, I hope I will be able to help you!
eric16288 said:
alright let me try it and tell you the results :) 

December 31, 2012 10:45:43 PM

Let me know if it worked for ya.
December 31, 2012 10:53:48 PM

it didnt work =//
January 1, 2013 1:51:11 AM

I'm really sorry but that's all I can really say. :( 
Don't give up, show it to a IT pro or something...
eric16288 said:
it didnt work =//

a c 184 à CPUs
a c 149 K Overclocking
January 1, 2013 1:55:35 AM

Did you update to 12.11?
January 1, 2013 2:01:11 AM

Yeah, I have 12.11
January 1, 2013 4:48:49 AM

You have the 7850, try to overclock it to around 1000mhz. I got my 7870 at 1200mhz and it runs mw3 at around 125-250 fps on max settings 1080p.
Try to increase some of the other setting only a little bit to give you more success when overclocking. Possibly you are experiencing bottlenecks? Your PC specs seems about equal so probably not that :/ . I know the 7800 series card can overclock really well with the right stuff, so try it. If not successeful, go back to the stock settings or re install the drivers.
January 1, 2013 4:58:15 AM

alright let me try that ^^
a c 184 à CPUs
a c 149 K Overclocking
January 1, 2013 5:51:10 AM

7850 should run MW3 max settings regardless of OC or not.
January 1, 2013 4:32:20 PM

He don't need to overclock his card, trust me. I get 60fps on my Intel 4000 on high settings. :p 
SMGeaZy said:
You have the 7850, try to overclock it to around 1000mhz. I got my 7870 at 1200mhz and it runs mw3 at around 125-250 fps on max settings 1080p.
Try to increase some of the other setting only a little bit to give you more success when overclocking. Possibly you are experiencing bottlenecks? Your PC specs seems about equal so probably not that :/ . I know the 7800 series card can overclock really well with the right stuff, so try it. If not successeful, go back to the stock settings or re install the drivers.

January 1, 2013 4:53:02 PM

amuffin said:
7850 should run MW3 max settings regardless of OC or not.


So it shouldn't be a graphics problem , right? Do you think it's a CPU issue?
January 1, 2013 5:19:04 PM

I don't think it's a CPU issue, just my opinion...
eric16288 said:
So it shouldn't be a graphics problem , right? Do you think it's a CPU issue?

January 1, 2013 5:22:41 PM

Alright

So, my graphic shouldn't be the problem. (I took out my 7850 and replaced a 6670 with according drivers, still same results.)

Psu is at 1200W Antec

I don't know what the problem is.. :( 
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
January 1, 2013 5:29:34 PM

are the games legit?
January 1, 2013 5:32:21 PM

It's a free to play game!
cbrunnem said:
are the games legit?

January 1, 2013 5:34:05 PM

Yh games are legit :) 
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
January 1, 2013 5:36:56 PM

MW3 isnt though, just a thought though. cracked games often have problems.
January 1, 2013 5:38:14 PM

They were working before, but I don't know what happened last week. Could it be a BIOS issue?

Best solution

January 1, 2013 5:39:29 PM
Share

My strongest guess is the motherboard because I've the same problem from those who have same motherboard. Return it back or just buy a better one, motherboards are pretty cheap these days. But again, I'm not entirely sure if that's the exact problem you're dealing with. As far as I can see, everything looks good expect the motherboard. You should go to a hardware store and show it to someone who does this for life or buy a new one it'll cost you no more that $100.


eric16288 said:
Alright

So, my graphic shouldn't be the problem. (I took out my 7850 and replaced a 6670 with according drivers, still same results.)

Psu is at 1200W Antec

I don't know what the problem is.. :( 

January 1, 2013 5:44:16 PM

Should I get a better AM3+ motherboard or same version?
January 1, 2013 5:50:13 PM

You can get the same motherboard for cheap but I wouldn't trust it. Go with a solid choice, something like ASUS M5A88-M would be great. But I don't want to disappoint you with false answer either. This is my 90% best guess I guess. :p 
eric16288 said:
Should I get a better AM3+ motherboard or same version?
January 1, 2013 5:52:36 PM

iight :p  let me confirm with more ppl first ^^
January 7, 2013 1:51:10 AM

mobo should be arriving tmr :) 
January 7, 2013 2:38:57 PM

Uninstall your drivers. If your desktop looks he same without them (not zoomed in) then try your games, if they run
January 7, 2013 2:42:55 PM

Also if you can't use amd overdrive- the performance tab disappears - then try reinstalling it or completely uninstall using the driver update.
In the driver updater Click on your language, next then click on uninstall
January 9, 2013 2:14:50 AM

Alright, just installed my mobo yesterday. It was not my graphics, but my mobo >.<

Thanks asalikus :) 
January 9, 2013 2:15:27 AM

Best answer selected by eric16288.
January 9, 2013 2:25:05 AM

I'am really happy I helped in this tough situation. Thanks for the best answer, have fun with your setup. :) 
eric16288 said:
Alright, just installed my mobo yesterday. It was not my graphics, but my mobo >.<

Thanks asalikus :) 

!