Sign in with
Your question
Solved

How to download everything to a single drive

Last response: in Systems
March 6, 2010 4:07:29 AM

so i just finished my first build which has a 40gb SSD and a 1tb Sata HD. The SDD is my bootdrive and when i download things to my computer, some dont let me choose where i want to download it and it automatically goes into my bootdrive. How do i make it so that everything is downloaded into my 1tb HD?

More about : download single drive

a b B Homebuilt system
March 6, 2010 4:56:24 AM

It would help to know what program you are using when you have this problem, otherwise, all people can offer is speculation.
m
l
March 6, 2010 5:04:41 AM

sorry. im running windows 7 and when i download drivers online (using firefox) it downloads it into my SDD. Is there a way i can make everything download into my 1tb HD? i went into firefox and set my downloads to download to my HD, but when i run the download, the drivers get installed into my SDD.
m
l
Related resources
a b B Homebuilt system
March 6, 2010 5:11:22 AM

So in Firefox:

Tools -> Options -> Main -> Save files to "whatever folder" doesn't work? Interesting.

Have you tried setting the radio button to "Always ask me where to save files"?
m
l
March 6, 2010 4:17:15 PM

yeah, same thing. im having the same problem with steam also, its automatically downloading a game to my SSD
m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
March 6, 2010 4:22:07 PM

So wait, when you have it set to "always ask"...it doesn't ask? I've never had a problem with the always ask setting, so I really don't know what's going on there.

And where is Steam installed? I don't use it, but I'm guessing if it's on your SSD, it's jut going to download to the SSD.
m
l
March 6, 2010 4:42:08 PM

the always ask and download to "whatever folder" will download to the folder i want, but when i run the download, sometimes, the things get installed in my SDD. and i just fixed the steam problem.
m
l

Best solution

a b B Homebuilt system
March 6, 2010 4:44:26 PM

What "things"? Windows drivers specifically? Anything else?

I would expect Windows drivers to try to install themselves into wherever the OS wants them, which is on your SSD, so I'm not sure that you have a lot of choice there.
March 8, 2010 2:55:27 AM

Best answer selected by dakallday.
m
l
!