My computer makes a wiered buzzing sound

dominicwild

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2011
When ever I move or copy files, or in some cases plug into a USB related device, and it will give me this buzzing 8 bity sound noise and its really irritating I have no idea of the cause I don't know if I've installed all the drivers but I don't even know if that relates to this noise

I have 8GB of RAM
An AMD Phentom(tm) II X2 560 Processer 3.30GHz
64bit
And an Nvidia 420 HE graphics card (that maybe wrong its off the top of my head :S)

dominicwild

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2011
I don't think I put enough detail in, The noise in itself is coming from my speaker/headset it does this every time I move alot of files (Like when Im moving 1GB worth of stuff and then the little window comes it telling me its progression) or plug a USB port in, the computer is sitting not on the floor but its sitting on a wooden desk designed to have a computer tower there, I don't exactly know what you mean about is my unit grounded correctly, Im plugging the ports in the 2 USB slots in the front side of my computer I have a USB mouse in but that for some reason doesn't cause a noise

Plus one to Malmental - This is the route I would go.
You have a ground issue for sure. You will need to check the power cable from your PC to your grounded plug at the wall (plug it in to another outlet if possible).

Most likely however its grounding issue within the PC itself. This is hard to work with if your not technical, but if you feel ok with it, open your case and make sure all the cables are connected securely. When you do this, your machine needs to be off, and you need to be grounded. I suggest touching a power outlet screw then the metal of the PC case.

-----------
I'm wearing green but you can pinch me anyway.

47amir

Reputable
Oct 19, 2014
Buzzing sound when copying and finally freezing!!!
I have this problem too but when the sound keep going sudenly my screen freezing and i can not doo anything except restarting.