Sign in with
Your question

Windows XP install not working without service pack 1?

Last response: in Windows XP
November 8, 2012 8:11:21 AM

My grandad is trying to install windows XP onto my old computer (3/4 years old) but at around the 4th stage of the windows XP install process its asking for the Service Pack 1 update.

We tried writing the sp1aexpress_usa sp1 file onto disk and running it from that during the install as it still reads disks while installing, but its coming up with an error message.

How can I run the windows XP SP1 during the install?
is this the correct Sp1?
can i install XP without the service pack?

Cheers
November 8, 2012 5:29:09 PM

Are you doing a clean setup or a repair? Also, do you have a license key for setting it up on your computer? You can't re-use the same one that was used on his system.

This guide will tell you how to make an XP disk with SP1 already in it. http://www.theeldergeek.com/slipstreamed_xpsp1_cd.htm
m
l
November 10, 2012 11:46:17 AM

Its a clean install from a non legit windows 7. yet the XP is currently being used on another computer in my family which i assume is the issue, even though its not telling us it is.

Cheers for the guide will give it a go
m
l
November 24, 2012 8:42:43 PM

pringlcj said:
My grandad is trying to install windows XP onto my old computer (3/4 years old) but at around the 4th stage of the windows XP install process its asking for the Service Pack 1 update.

We tried writing the sp1aexpress_usa sp1 file onto disk and running it from that during the install as it still reads disks while installing, but its coming up with an error message.

How can I run the windows XP SP1 during the install?
is this the correct Sp1?
can i install XP without the service pack?

Cheers

the install carry all it needs but if it does need something it will download it I've only seen ti onca but it did it after the install, note back up ur drivers, XP install disconnect all devices it doesn't carry drivers for, but it put the drivers in sysem32 for u
m
l
!