Sign in with
Your question

New comp just built

Last response: in Systems
March 6, 2010 2:34:35 PM

Hey guys just had a few quick questions I just built my new computer first time ever took 9 hours to get it runing but worked first try (YES) ok now i want to make sure everything is working right is there some test i can do that will tell me if its ok or not?

Also i went to see what rating i got out of 7.9 i get a 5.9 everything scores high sept for Primary hard disc.

Also my highest temp shown so far has been 41c while on world of warcraft also when i am on world of warcraft my core four useage goes up to around 60% but 1,2 and 3 are just kinda chilling lol.

Also how to i check to see if my ram is running at 1600 and not 1333?

Anyways just a little info would help i have never built my own and had to test it and im dumb.

More about : comp built

March 6, 2010 2:57:45 PM

Welcome to the forums and well done on the new build.

Firstly I wouldnt pay much attention to the Windows Experience Rating - it doesnt seem to bear any relevance on real world performance.

There are several free software downloads you can use to check your system

CPUz = will show you what CPU / Memory and Motherboard you are using - on the SPD tab it will show you what speed your RAM is running at. The first tab "CPU" shows CPU clock and bus speeds.

3d Mark 2006 will test the general performance of your PC and will give you an idea of how it compares to other peoples PC with the online resulty checker.

Im not sure if WOW uses more than one core - but temps look good for a first build PC.

finally if you really want to stress test your PC the MEMTEST will push your PC very hard.

What specification / components are you using in your PC
m
l
March 6, 2010 3:24:35 PM

ulysses35 said:
Welcome to the forums and well done on the new build.

Firstly I wouldnt pay much attention to the Windows Experience Rating - it doesnt seem to bear any relevance on real world performance.

There are several free software downloads you can use to check your system

CPUz = will show you what CPU / Memory and Motherboard you are using - on the SPD tab it will show you what speed your RAM is running at. The first tab "CPU" shows CPU clock and bus speeds.

3d Mark 2006 will test the general performance of your PC and will give you an idea of how it compares to other peoples PC with the online resulty checker.

Im not sure if WOW uses more than one core - but temps look good for a first build PC.

finally if you really want to stress test your PC the MEMTEST will push your PC very hard.

What specification / components are you using in your PC

Hi and thx for the info im using

Sapphire 5770
QC phenom ii 945 3.0
Asus m4a79xtd evo
Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 500g
G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800
Antec 650w psu
and antec 300 case
Windows7 64b

m
l
Related resources
March 7, 2010 2:37:05 AM

OK i downloaded the CPUz and it shows my ram at Dram Frequency 666.7 is that good or show it be at 1600?

m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
a b Ý World of Warcraft
March 7, 2010 4:02:34 AM

Your RAM is running at 1333MHz (666 x 2). You'll need to manually set the RAM speed/timings/voltage to the correct settings in the BIOS to get them running at their rated specs.
m
l
!