Sign in with
Your question

Are there any rock-solid micro-ATX mobos out there?

Tags:
  • Motherboards
  • AMD
  • ATX
Last response: in Motherboards
October 28, 2010 9:53:48 PM

I want to build a small LAN party box. Looking to stick with AMD (personal preference). I have yet to find a single micro-atx mobo (AMD or Intel) that doesn't seem to have serious issues with it. I'm not talking about user error issues... I mean serious design flaws or component failures. What am I missing? There HAS to be something out there that is rock solid. I haven't seen a lot of feedback on a number of the AMD boards, so I don't feel comfortable basing a whole build on 15-20 user ratings on NewEgg. Does anyone have any serious experience or can point me to a micro-mobo shootout article? I would be inclined to jump ship to Intel if a micro-atx board floats through the haze that shoots off roman candles while curing cancer... Any thoughts?

Thanks all.

P.S. It doesn't have to be an over-clockers dream... just ROCK SOLID performance supporting the latest that the industry has to offer. I was looking at an AMD Phenom II X4 black 3.4GHz to stick in this board.

More about : rock solid micro atx mobos

a c 1259 V Motherboard
a c 404 À AMD
October 28, 2010 11:31:34 PM

There are! The market for micro ATX is smaller therefore less reviews at the retailers. I would pick a board from Asus, Gigabyte or MSI with AMD 8xx chipset.
m
l
!