pagans - what are they blithering on about? - minor spoiler

Shoot the keystones they say, we've put a great big glowing symbol on em
they say, hurry up for the time is nigh they say.

I keeps shooting the sodding walls all over the damn place with the moss
arrow, and what do you think happens?

f**k all.. that's what.

Kavvy wrote:
> Shoot the keystones they say, we've put a great big glowing symbol on em
> they say, hurry up for the time is nigh they say.
>
> I keeps shooting the sodding walls all over the damn place with the moss
> arrow, and what do you think happens?
>
> f**k all.. that's what.

No, there is no glowing symbol. The one near the docks just marks the
area as being Pagan controlled. The cornerstones you're looking for are
jutting out corners at the base of a building where it meets the ground.
There should (allegedly) be three in each sector of the city.

On Sat, 03 Jul 2004 22:25:48 GMT, Barry Walsh confounded his critics by
announcing:

> No, there is no glowing symbol. The one near the docks just marks the
> area as being Pagan controlled. The cornerstones you're looking for are
> jutting out corners at the base of a building where it meets the ground.
> There should (allegedly) be three in each sector of the city.

Aah right, cheers!

Tony

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2001

On Sat, 03 Jul 2004 22:52:08 GMT, Kavvy <r@hfeajhjgg.gt> wrote:

>On Sat, 03 Jul 2004 22:25:48 GMT, Barry Walsh confounded his critics by
>announcing:
>

>> No, there is no glowing symbol. The one near the docks just marks the
>> area as being Pagan controlled. The cornerstones you're looking for are
>> jutting out corners at the base of a building where it meets the ground.
>> There should (allegedly) be three in each sector of the city.
>
>Aah right, cheers!

I must be blind... I've finished the game and never saw one! Even
after seeing a picture of what one looks like on a web site :)

Was almost the end of the game until I figured out what a cacoon was
that they were referring to.

Beesee Pagans after me all through out the game there was heh

-T-

Tony wrote:

> I must be blind... I've finished the game and never saw one! Even
> after seeing a picture of what one looks like on a web site :)
>
> Was almost the end of the game until I figured out what a cacoon was
> that they were referring to.
>
> Beesee Pagans after me all through out the game there was heh
>
> -T-

I had real trouble seeing them too despite the screenshots - it turned out
to be because I was looking at the screenshot and thinking it was a picture
of a big cornerstone - they're actually tiny, much smaller than normal
bricks - the easiest one to find at first is..... <spoiler space for those
who want to find em themselves>

..

..

..

..

..

..

In the docks area - at the right at the entrance to the alleyway that leads
past the female fence to the pagan area.

"Nerevar" <jerodequinRemoveJunk@softhome.net> writes:

> I had real trouble seeing them too despite the screenshots - it turned out
> to be because I was looking at the screenshot and thinking it was a picture
> of a big cornerstone - they're actually tiny, much smaller than normal
> bricks

At first I thought they were supposed to be marked in green, or at
least marked, which was a red herring.

--
Darin Johnson
Laziness is the father of invention

On the 10 Jul 2004, Darin Johnson <darin_@_usa_._net> wrote:

> "Nerevar" <jerodequinRemoveJunk@softhome.net> writes:
>
> > I had real trouble seeing them too despite the screenshots - it
> > turned out to be because I was looking at the screenshot and
> > thinking it was a picture of a big cornerstone - they're actually
> > tiny, much smaller than normal bricks
>
> At first I thought they were supposed to be marked in green, or at
> least marked, which was a red herring.

I made the same mistake. I think they are marked (engraved) with some
sort of symbol, but as they're almost always in the dark you can't
usually make it out. I think there's one in Stonemarket proper that's
well lit - it's on a corner close to the gate to Old Quarter. I haven't
tested it, but it looks the right size.

--
Jades' First Encounters Site - http://www.jades.org/ffe.htm
The best Frontier: First Encounters site on the Web.

NOSPAM@jades.org /is/ a real email address!

Dont bother shooting the green symbols on the walls. Not much happens & the
Pagans aren't impressed by those efforts. But those symbols mark their
territory. Look for 2 large elephants tusks sticking up from the ground. At
the Docks, shoot moss arrows between the tusks. In Audale, shoot water
arrows. Fire & Gas have no effect that I have seen except piss them off.
-- Eton!

"Graham Thurlwell" <NOSPAM@jades.org> wrote in message
> On the 10 Jul 2004, Darin Johnson <darin_@_usa_._net> wrote:
>
> > "Nerevar" <jerodequinRemoveJunk@softhome.net> writes:
> >
> > > I had real trouble seeing them too despite the screenshots - it
> > > turned out to be because I was looking at the screenshot and
> > > thinking it was a picture of a big cornerstone - they're actually
> > > tiny, much smaller than normal bricks
> >
> > At first I thought they were supposed to be marked in green, or at
> > least marked, which was a red herring.
>
> I made the same mistake. I think they are marked (engraved) with some
> sort of symbol, but as they're almost always in the dark you can't
> usually make it out. I think there's one in Stonemarket proper that's
> well lit - it's on a corner close to the gate to Old Quarter. I haven't
> tested it, but it looks the right size.
>
> --
> Jades' First Encounters Site - http://www.jades.org/ffe.htm
> The best Frontier: First Encounters site on the Web.
>
> NOSPAM@jades.org /is/ a real email address!

loony

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2001

> Dont bother shooting the green symbols on the walls. Not much happens &
the
> Pagans aren't impressed by those efforts. But those symbols mark their
> territory. Look for 2 large elephants tusks sticking up from the ground.
At
> the Docks, shoot moss arrows between the tusks. In Audale, shoot water
> arrows. Fire & Gas have no effect that I have seen except piss them off.
> -- Eton!

All elemental arrows have effect.. it's just moss is the most frequently
found, cheapest and under used, so I recommend using them.

You should shoot THROUGH the tusks, don't try to make the arrow strike at
it's base. You can only shoot 3 of any one type of arrow per night. So a
total of 12 (3 times 4 arrow types). But you shouldn't need to shoot much
more than the 3 moss unless you've recently pissed them off.

Good luck
Loony

"McF" <mcfeely@bs.not> writes:

> Dont bother shooting the green symbols on the walls. Not much happens & the
> Pagans aren't impressed by those efforts. But those symbols mark their
> territory.

That's what I thought. After getting neutral with their faction, I
snuck in to their area at the docks. There were a few times I was
pretty sure I was spotted, but no one did anything. So I'm left
wondering if perhaps "neutral" was good enough to invade their
territory without getting attacked, if that really was their home
base, or if I was successful at sneaking.

--
Darin Johnson
"You used to be big."

loony

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2001

> That's what I thought. After getting neutral with their faction, I
> snuck in to their area at the docks. There were a few times I was
> pretty sure I was spotted, but no one did anything. So I'm left
> wondering if perhaps "neutral" was good enough to invade their
> territory without getting attacked, if that really was their home
> base, or if I was successful at sneaking.

In that particular case (the docks) I think you can go into their territory,
but not into the house part. I had no problems and attempted no sneaking as
I walked over to the shine to shoot my arrows into it. But I think I
remember trying to get into the house once on Neutral and getting attacked.

I think it may only be the priestess and the sole guard on patrol in the
house that attack you if you're neutral.

Darin Johnson wrote:

> pretty sure I was spotted, but no one did anything. So I'm left
> wondering if perhaps "neutral" was good enough to invade their
> territory without getting attacked,

Neutral means that they won't attack you on sight in the city,
unless you actually get inside their territory. If you're neutral,
you can walk up to their 'door' without problems. But you're not
welcome inside until you get friendly (allied).

--
Anders Thulin ath*algonet.se http://www.algonet.se/~ath

"Loony" <loony@nospam.loony.name> writes:

> I think it may only be the priestess and the sole guard on patrol in the
> house that attack you if you're neutral.

Could be. I snuck in and planted the tree, then snuck upstairs where
I thought I was seen once (the woman made some odd comment). But
perhaps she didn't.

My favorite bit in that regard was sneaking around in Stonemarket,
keeping hidden in the shadows, when a Hammerite walks near and says
something like "The Builder also sees you Garret."

--
Darin Johnson
Where am I? In the village... What do you want? Information...

On the 19 Jul 2004, Darin Johnson <darin_@_usa_._net> wrote:

> "Loony" <loony@nospam.loony.name> writes:
>
> > I think it may only be the priestess and the sole guard on patrol in the
> > house that attack you if you're neutral.
>
> Could be. I snuck in and planted the tree, then snuck upstairs where
> I thought I was seen once (the woman made some odd comment). But
> perhaps she didn't.

IIRC, planting the tree gives you a big jump in rating, so you might
have become Allied.

--

Graham Thurlwell <NOSPAM@jades.org> writes:

> IIRC, planting the tree gives you a big jump in rating, so you might
> have become Allied.

No, it went from low neutral to high neutral. I definitely checked
just to see if I could stop sneaking :)

--
Darin Johnson
Gravity is a harsh mistress -- The Tick