Last response: in Systems
March 6, 2010 3:39:21 PM

MSI X58 Platinum Motherboard
3gb DDR3 RAM
Nvidia 9500 GT 1gb GC
Intel Core i7 920 2.67GHz
Wndows Vista 64bit OS
Xion XON-580X PSU

Mostly what I use my computer for is to play WoW. For some reason I cant turn my graphic settings past low without experiencing a lot of lag and when in intense situations like raids I will get Disconnected because of the lag. In order for me to raid all my settings must be turned to the lowest they can be at. This doesnt seem right to me given my tower specs. I have many friends who run lesser towers than me and they run at or near Ultra.

All of my drivers and chipsets are current as far as I know. I made sure that I have the settings on my Nvidia panel set so that the game is controlling what to use. I have also done all the stuff that Blizz tech has asked me to do but to no avail.

I really dont have a lot of money to spend on this issue. Im hoping its easily resolvable by some means I dont know about. I could maybe squeeze out enough money to get another 9500 to run SLI if the card is my weakpoint. Maybe another 2gb stick of ram or something. Im just at a loss as where to go from here and WoW is my passion. I would really like to be able to play it to the best that my tower can run it at. Any advice would be much appreciated.

More about : computer confusion

March 6, 2010 3:44:16 PM

djmdh said:
MSI X58 Platinum Motherboard
3gb DDR3 RAM
Nvidia 9500 GT 1gb GC
Intel Core i7 920 2.67GHz
Wndows Vista 64bit OS
Xion XON-580X PSU

Mostly what I use my computer for is to play WoW. For some reason I cant turn my graphic settings past low without experiencing a lot of lag and when in intense situations like raids I will get Disconnected because of the lag. In order for me to raid all my settings must be turned to the lowest they can be at. This doesnt seem right to me given my tower specs. I have many friends who run lesser towers than me and they run at or near Ultra.

All of my drivers and chipsets are current as far as I know. I made sure that I have the settings on my Nvidia panel set so that the game is controlling what to use. I have also done all the stuff that Blizz tech has asked me to do but to no avail.

I really dont have a lot of money to spend on this issue. Im hoping its easily resolvable by some means I dont know about. I could maybe squeeze out enough money to get another 9500 to run SLI if the card is my weakpoint. Maybe another 2gb stick of ram or something. Im just at a loss as where to go from here and WoW is my passion. I would really like to be able to play it to the best that my tower can run it at. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Just out of curiosity, could you check your temps while playing (CPU and GPU)?
March 6, 2010 3:59:40 PM

Sorry for the noob question but how would I go about checking that yannickhk? I know how to do it from boot but not while comp is actually up and running.
Related resources
March 6, 2010 4:41:44 PM

You can start by downloading SpeedFan, it will monitor your CPU temps while playing.

Just leave the software running in the background and tell me what it shows.

If it is not the CPU, we're gonna monitor the GPU temps with everest.

March 6, 2010 5:12:02 PM

I downloaded and used a program called Realtemp 3.4

My GPU never got above 55C with a 12.3% load

XS Bench Score was 1102, Time-13.274, Speed 2806.97

My CPU never got above 56C ( for all cores ) with average distance from TjMax? Didnt give a number just said average distance.

All these numbers were done while running program as I ran around Dalaran in game. Dalaran is one of if not the most graphic intense areas in game outside of raiding.

If these numbers make sense to you good deal because the only thing I can surmise from them is that my comp runs at an average of 50-55C lol.
March 7, 2010 12:09:26 AM

Darn, it wasn't the temps then. Dude, I have no idea how to fix it.

Your specs are sufficient, it should work!! The RAM is not an issue, that's certain.

Try updating the GPU drivers again.

!