Asus p5n-d + nvidia 9800gtx means freezing problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.

boxfactory

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2010
so i've searched online and both products do seem to freeze up at time, but the weird thing is: when i disable my 9800's drivers (up to date at v196 btw), my computer can work fine but video processing and the ability to play games is nonexistant. now, when i enable my drivers via device manager, my card will randomly freeze my entire computer, sometimes for a few minutes, sometimes until i do a hard reset. this is all very much a nuisance and was wondering if anyone knows of a fix

omaewayowai

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2010

I got the same problem. And I've been having it about half a year. Recently I installed Windows 7 thinking it would solve the problem. But no, the problem is still there. And the worst thing of all, when I'm installing W7 is that I HAVE to install updated drivers.. So there is no way for me to use W7 if the problem still remains. And I really dont want to use Vista x64 with outdated drivers.. So if someone can please help me/us with this problem. T_T

zeguine

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2010
I have the same problem . The card was running better with windows XP but worst with windows 7 . I got the board replaced by ASUS and the video card was new . People were telling me i had a memory problem and a PSU problem . I upgraded both new ram and new XFX 850 W psu .... Still no go . Of course i tired all of the common stuff Driver update, Reload, Clean sweep drivers etc nothing worked . I got fed up and bought a Sapphire ATI 5770 and problem went away . I read on some forum that 9800 GTX+ and P5n-d does not agree together . Its a shame because i bought this MOBO just for that i wanted to buy a extra 9800 GTX+ and run SLI but that dream is now gone. Will try the 9800 GTX+ with a other system shortly and il keep you posted .

G

exact same problem over here, the problems started since i installed windows 7.
since i installed some new drivers for the gpu the problems are not that worse anymore but after 1,30 hours gaming
(or just normal msn etc) everythings freezes.
i have been searching for a long time to solve it , but i'm thinking about buying a new GPU... i've been waiting for a half year for new drivers , but it's just a to small progress in a half year..
i'm going to search for new drivers for my mobo, i think that's the last thing i'm going to do before i'm going to buy a new GPU..

Status
Not open for further replies.