* NEWEGG SELLING FAKE Core i7-920s *

Solution
The i7-930 isn't 10 times better than the 920, it like 1% faster. The only reason i like it so much is cuase it's the same price as the 920, wich was a good deal at 300$ to start.

Alvin Smith

Distinguished
LOOKS LIKE THEY (EGG) TRACKED THEM ALL DOWN AND MADE GOOD.

NOTICE: NO CHANCE OF GETTING A FAKE FROM EGG .. ISSUE IS RESOLVED !

SORRY FOR THE "PRC FIRE DRILL"

DISREGARD THIS THREAD ... (but the linked video is pretty funny .. worth the view).

= Al =

malael

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2010
lol man i hate that the moment i buy something bam a new product pops out thats like 10 times better i just had to rma my 920 if only i had waited for the 930... either way i dont have luck with newegg it probably would have came busted too =[

Alvin Smith

Distinguished
** W R O N G ! ! ** Oh, Buzzard Breath !

The 930 clocks (typically) to 4.2GHz (+1 base mult) and benchmarks (overall) at ~15%~ better than a 920 ... The advantage scales w/OC.

Not any reason to be sad if you just bought a 920.

= Al =
read some more benchmark reviews.

Alvin Smith

Distinguished

Yes ! Apologies 2B SURE !

If you want to know where the true credit for best answer, It would have to go to the original site (&community) ... Like the guy who originally brought it to the site's attention ... Like the staff, of the site, for recognizing and reacting to the full dimentionality (global scandal!) of the "breech". ... and , like, to Al Gore, for inventing THE INTERNET ... and to ARPA, for inventing AL GORE !

= good fun, all this! =

Cheap Marketing Exposure, Too !

S7Tom

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2010
I personally think it's funny how people actually think this was some giant conspiracy by NewEgg. How could a huge, reputable company like that think it would be profitable to ship demo boxes and be forced to RMA all of them anyway?
That'd be a loss.

Alvin Smith

Distinguished
Sometimes things are exactly what they appear to be ...

The video pretty much proves a sophomoric scam . . .

Newegg is "GOLDEN !" (egg, that is) ... they are FAR too busy updating their database!

Now, INTEL, on the other hand . . .

= kidding =

Status
Not open for further replies.