I7 930 4ghz can I deem stable?

ryanskates14

Honorable
Aug 5, 2012
Well not really going in depth with this post. Basically I have a H50 stock cooler and my 930 at 4ghz.

I've passed 24hours of blend with Prime, every single OCCT test, Linx on max, folded@home for over 10 hours, and furmark for GPU.

Can I deem this stable? I don't give 2 fucks about my temps since I'm running this rig until it dies, they range from 75-90. idgaf :)

Lemme know, Ryan.

steddora

Honorable
Nov 13, 2012
I'd run prime for 2 hours, if it doesn't crash then I'd back off just a hair on the frequency to be sure. Say you try at 4Ghz and pass only 2 hours, I'd drop to around 3900mhz and deem it good until it crashes.

Furmark isn't going to do much for the GPU since all the latest graphics drivers basically throttle the GPU to keep from damaging them since furmark is completely insane for a GPU. I'd run Unigine Heaven on max settings for a few hours and then see if the GPU is stable. My GTX550ti's back down to under 700mhz from their 1Ghz overclock whenever I run furmark, just to give you an idea of how bad the throttling really is.

As for the temperatures, I'd be more worried about hitting the thermal limits as it may throttle the CPU and actually slow it down. Make sure you're not hitting them and you should be fine. :)

ryanskates14

Honorable
Aug 5, 2012

Not sure if I mistook you but my post says I ran Prime blend for 24 hours along with many other tests not to mention folding which is 100% Cpu and Gpu. I never hit thermal limits, get close but don't hit so *** it.

ryanskates14

Honorable
Aug 5, 2012

Sadly I have it on lowest possible voltage which is 1.32. ;'(

steddora

Honorable
Nov 13, 2012
My bad, I must have misread, thought you said 4 hours LOL.

Then yeah, sounds like it's stable. If you're not poppin` the thermal throttling, then I'd say run it till she pops. You must remember though, that's an intel chip and it's going to die HARD. :) Sounds stable on my end, even though the temperatures make me cringe. LOL

ryanskates14

Honorable
Aug 5, 2012

Those temps are strictly stress testing, normal usage temps are way down so it won't die too fast.