Metal Age ?

Is ther anyplace that has Thief: Metal Age for sale ? My copy is getting old
and has a few scratches. Id like to get a 2nd copy for backup and nostalgia
too.
I see ebgames still has Thief Gold for a very reasonable price but I guess they
ran out of T2. Eidos does not have it in their store...

"LYINCRYIN" <lyincryin@aol.comnospam> wrote in message
> Is ther anyplace that has Thief: Metal Age for sale ? My copy is getting
old
> and has a few scratches. Id like to get a 2nd copy for backup and
nostalgia
> too.
> I see ebgames still has Thief Gold for a very reasonable price but I guess
they
> ran out of T2. Eidos does not have it in their store...

Depending on where you're from,
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00004NS0Z/qid=1088895228/sr=8-3/ref=pd_ka_3/104-6137169-2997567?v=glance&s=software&n=507846

If you're in Europe, then Amazon is not the place looks like...

LYINCRYIN wrote:
> Is ther anyplace that has Thief: Metal Age for sale

I recently ran into the reissues from Sold-out Software
(http://www.sold-out.co.uk/). It's a Flash-only site, which I
refuse to enter under normal circumstances -- other
Flash-phobiacs take notice.

--
Anders Thulin ath*algonet.se http://www.algonet.se/~ath

Ok, what's wrong with flash? Other than it can be annoying sometimes...

"Anders Thulin" <ath_no_spam_please@algonet.se> wrote in message
> LYINCRYIN wrote:
> > Is ther anyplace that has Thief: Metal Age for sale
>
> I recently ran into the reissues from Sold-out Software
> (http://www.sold-out.co.uk/). It's a Flash-only site, which I
> refuse to enter under normal circumstances -- other
> Flash-phobiacs take notice.
>
> --
> Anders Thulin ath*algonet.se http://www.algonet.se/~ath

>Depending on where you're from,
>
>http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00004NS0Z/qid=1088895228/s
r=8-3/ref=pd_ka_3/104-6137169-2997567?v=glance&s=software&n=507846

>If you're in Europe, then Amazon is not the place looks like...

USA, amazon only has used copies - which are probably just as scratched as the
one I already own :-(

On 05 Jul 2004 04:19:13 GMT, lyincryin@aol.comnospam (LYINCRYIN) wrote:

>>Depending on where you're from,
>>
>>http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00004NS0Z/qid=1088895228/s
>r=8-3/ref=pd_ka_3/104-6137169-2997567?v=glance&s=software&n=507846
>>
>>If you're in Europe, then Amazon is not the place looks like...
>
>USA, amazon only has used copies - which are probably just as scratched as the
>one I already own :-(

If your original scratched copy is still workable, why not just make a few
copies of it? And of course, when playing T2 you can use a no-cd crack so
the disc doesn't need to stay in the drive all the time. That reduces
wear on the disc and your cd-rom drive.

--
Michael Cecil
http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/

nightwalker

> >Depending on where you're from,
> >
> >http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00004NS0Z/qid=1088895228/s
> r=8-3/ref=pd_ka_3/104-6137169-2997567?v=glance&s=software&n=507846
> >
> >If you're in Europe, then Amazon is not the place looks like...
>
> USA, amazon only has used copies - which are probably just as scratched as
the
> one I already own :-(

It's listed as in stock at a Canadian computer store, Compusmart.
http://www.compusmart.com/product.asp?CatalogID=0&SupplierPartID=645029

You can get a No-CD crack at The Keep of Metal and Gold, in his Essentials
section. If you use it, you can preserve your CD and not have to buy a new
one! I have one installed for all 3 Thief games and my CDs stay safely in
their cases. :)

Nightwalker

>If your original scratched copy is still workable, why not just make a few
>copies of it? And of course, when playing T2 you can use a no-cd crack so
>the disc doesn't need to stay in the drive all the time. That reduces
>wear on the disc and your cd-rom drive.
>
>--
>Michael Cecil
>http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/

Thanks but,
No cd burner and no budget to get one
:-(

>It's listed as in stock at a Canadian computer store, Compusmart.
>http://www.compusmart.com/product.asp?CatalogID=0&SupplierPartID=645029
>
>You can get a No-CD crack at The Keep of Metal and Gold, in his Essentials
>section. If you use it, you can preserve your CD and not have to buy a new
>one! I have one installed for all 3 Thief games and my CDs stay safely in
>their cases. :)
>
>Nightwalker

Ah the man with all the answers!
No info on that site. Do you know if it is a jewel or full package ?
wait - I should ask them that...

nightwalker

> >It's listed as in stock at a Canadian computer store, Compusmart.
> >http://www.compusmart.com/product.asp?CatalogID=0&SupplierPartID=645029
> >
> >You can get a No-CD crack at The Keep of Metal and Gold, in his
Essentials
> >section. If you use it, you can preserve your CD and not have to buy a
new
> >one! I have one installed for all 3 Thief games and my CDs stay safely in
> >their cases. :)
> >
> >Nightwalker
> >

> Ah the man with all the answers!
> No info on that site. Do you know if it is a jewel or full package ?
> wait - I should ask them that...

If they don't ship to the States or it's going to cost a bundle, let me know
and I'll see if the local store has it in stock. If they do, I could pick it
up and just send it to you. It's probably just the jewel case version.
That's seems to be what's out there now.

Nightwalker

nightwalker

"LYINCRYIN" <lyincryin@aol.comnospam> wrote in message
> >It's listed as in stock at a Canadian computer store, Compusmart.
> >http://www.compusmart.com/product.asp?CatalogID=0&SupplierPartID=645029
> >
> >You can get a No-CD crack at The Keep of Metal and Gold, in his
Essentials
> >section. If you use it, you can preserve your CD and not have to buy a
new
> >one! I have one installed for all 3 Thief games and my CDs stay safely in
> >their cases. :)
> >
> >Nightwalker
> >

> Ah the man with all the answers!
> No info on that site. Do you know if it is a jewel or full package ?
> wait - I should ask them that...

I tried to email you but it keeps getting sent back to me saying you won't
accept my email??? I'll just post it here then:

I found a copy at the Radio Shack up the street. They have one in stock for
$9.99 Can. plus our taxes which take it up to about $11.50. If you want me
to buy it and ship it to you, I'd be happy to. Just email me your address or
PM me if you are registered at either the TTLG or Eidos forum boards.

Nightwalker

--
Remove *leavemealone* from email address

lyincryin@aol.comnospam (LYINCRYIN) wrote in message news:<20040705234528.05704.00000792@mb-m27.aol.com>...
> >It's listed as in stock at a Canadian computer store, Compusmart.
> >http://www.compusmart.com/product.asp?CatalogID=0&SupplierPartID=645029
> >
> >You can get a No-CD crack at The Keep of Metal and Gold, in his Essentials
> >section. If you use it, you can preserve your CD and not have to buy a new
> >one! I have one installed for all 3 Thief games and my CDs stay safely in
> >their cases. :)
> >
> >Nightwalker
> >

> Ah the man with all the answers!
> No info on that site. Do you know if it is a jewel or full package ?
> wait - I should ask them that...

I thought Nightwalker is female...
I saw a Thief I & II repackage of the game in gamestop a couple of
weeks ago, for 9.99. the only thing missing is the extra missions in
thief gold, maybe u can take a look at that

On 8 Jul 2004 10:10:11 -0700, pplppp23@yahoo.com (pplppp) wrote:

>I thought Nightwalker is female...

Definitely, but I think she is tired of correcting each newcomer.

As proof I would offer her picture, but the gallery of Taffers at
http://www.nativeartdesign.com/taffer.html doesn't seem to be working for
me anymore.

--
Michael Cecil
http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/

>If they don't ship to the States or it's going to cost a bundle, let me know
>and I'll see if the local store has it in stock. If they do, I could pick it
>up and just send it to you. It's probably just the jewel case version.
>That's seems to be what's out there now.
>
>Nightwalker

They are Canada only but it is the full boxed version...
Ill keep looking local and let you know if I can use your assistance. Thanks a
buch for the offer.
I keep saying it - Thief community is one of the best !
Now I just need to save $3000 for a new pc that will run Dark Shadows.

lyincryin@aol.comnospam (LYINCRYIN) wrote in message news:<20040703183543.11526.00000790@mb-m23.aol.com>...
> Is ther anyplace that has Thief: Metal Age for sale ? My copy is getting old
> and has a few scratches. Id like to get a 2nd copy for backup and nostalgia
> too.
> I see ebgames still has Thief Gold for a very reasonable price but I guess they
> ran out of T2. Eidos does not have it in their store...

update: saw TG and T2 in my local ebgames store, all new, usd$ 9.99 each