HP wireless button

G

Hello,
all I needed was a pictured land a better layout of my laptop model included and an instruction manual with icon explanation and buttons,etc;but nothing at all.So 2 years on I still cant find the wireless button on the HP G6000 laptop. I have a card from BT with a wireless key serial no: is it the same thing and if I type it in will this work? I have just spent an hour on phone with someone at help centre who tried to reconnect me to the net asking me to find this button all to no avail!

G

You need to establish if the laptop already has a wireless adapter built in (if it's a recent model it probably does). Then figure out how to turn it on.

If a physical switch it may be on the front edge or side and will probably have an LED which lights to show status.

Instead it may be an Fn key combination.

I don't believe HP would produce a laptop without some sort of manual so have a look at their website for your model (or dig out the box the machine came in).

The card from BT (supplied with your router ?) is presumably the wireless security key for your router.

Once you establish whether you have wireless and how to turn it on, the key may be applied to the wireless adapter's control software or to Windows Wireless Connection settings. Again there should be instructions on how to connect to the router included with the router -- or there may be a manual with that info on BT's site.

Meantime, you could connect computer to your router using the ethernet cable which came in the box with the router.