Sign in with
Your question

Not sure what to get, can you help please?

Last response: in Motherboards
October 29, 2010 1:38:09 PM

Hey guys, Im a but puzzled about buying a new motherboard, as I want a DDR2 and DDR3 capble mobo, Im not sure what to get...

I also want the UCC/ACC feature, I currently have DDR2-800 and a AMD II X3 445

Thanks guys.

More about : question

October 29, 2010 2:32:39 PM

Guys?

Hlep pls :D 
October 29, 2010 3:07:19 PM

Personally right now I'd suggest just getting DDR3 I believe the price has dropped to a reasonable level.

Why do you want DDR2 and DDR3? Do you want to use both at the same time because you don't want to get rid of your old DDR2 because if that is the case there is no motherboard that'll do both concurrently.

There are some with 2 slots of DDR2 and 2-4 slots of DDR3.

ASROCK had a motherboard with that they may still make which I used for a little bit but that was for an intel chipset.

Unless you just really don't have the money now to buy DDR3 and want to upgrade later then I guess go for it but you're going to be severly severely limited in what mobo you can get.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

If you really have your mind set on it then I'd say go for the ASROCK only because I know nothing about Jetway and I had an ASROCK with surprisingly no issues, shoot I'd offer to sell you my old one but it was for intel :p  Also the ASROCK mentions the UCC which the Jetway does not so that seems to be literally your only option but it's $45 so that's good.
Related resources
October 29, 2010 3:08:25 PM

Also be patient :p  Most people may check once or twice a day few have the time to sit here and refresh the forums all day :pt1cable: 
October 29, 2010 3:33:10 PM

Thanks , the reason is that I want to upgarde in furture , once again thanks ;~)
October 29, 2010 3:39:52 PM

Ahh sorry I have already m ade my choice, the ASrock N68C :D 
!